Tested the trailed e2500 19200 build. Power LED working, SSH server key retained after reboot, channel selection is working again. I found that changing a setting from say NG-Mixed to G only, or enabling Afterburner (just two examples) would lock up the router after applying the change - had to power cycle router, upon reboot, settings were retained, and router operated fine. I did a 30-30-30 and reflashed, now changing/applying settings works without problem. Interference setting does improve noise, and speed a little bit for me.
Will test more later / over weekend.
Fractal only posted it for a short time, it was not an official build, but just one to test some specific problems / fixes. I think there will be some new builds released soon - watch this thread and the Broadcom section of the forum.
Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 7:52 Post subject: Client Bridge working, but running slow
I was able to get the client bridge working great with 2 E2500's (1 is a refurb) both running dd-wrt. It took a bit of tinkering, but its working great. Follow the directions on this site carefully, it won't steer your wrong.
The only hiccup I am having is that I am maxing out on wireless at 1.2mb/s on a 30mb/s internet connection. Upload maxes out correctly at 6mb/s, but download is giving me issues. Just found someone else with the same issue. I'll let you know if I can get the latest test build and if that makes a difference.
I'm also having issues with wifi speeds. I rebooted the router and speeds are back up. I'll report back if they degrade. I changed the wireless mode from Mixed to G-Only as I only have G/N connected clients.
Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 15:15 Post subject: Back to stock for now.
Well, I did the unspeakable... I flashed back to stock =(
I have too many wireless clients to deal with the sub 1Mb/s speeds I was getting. I have tried EVERYTHING, only receiving marginal success. I will try again as soon as the next build is out...
The unfortunate thing is, I cannot get my client bridge working unless both the router and the bridge are running dd-wrt. Perhaps I am just doing something wrong on the bridge side, but that's the way it's been working. With dd-wrt on both routers, I have no problems getting things working. Oh well, better to good service on the devices that get used all day than to have terrible service but a client bridge that also has terrible service.