Internet restarts every 24 hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
DangeR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do you think you can talk with dmesg to take a look on this topic please? Thank you in advance.
Sponsor
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 17:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
DangeR wrote:
Do you think you can talk with dmesg to take a look on this topic please? Thank you in advance.

next time I talk to dmseg, I'll will give him a link to this thread. Razz

get your router to reset the connection by faking the time.

once it happens, telnet into the router and just type "dmesg", it will display the system messages.

you are looking for a service that stops, starts, or restarts at that time.

just because you may find what is happening, does not mean you can fix it.

just curious.. why is it a problem anyway that your internet connection resets near midnight for a few seconds?

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 20:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's not very very important... but i want to keep my ip as long as possible.
Here's the log: http://pastebin.com/zjZXhYrH
Thanks
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 20:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
that looks like that output came from the router at boot time. I don't see any service stopping & restarting.

I am not very familiar with your router or u-boot. Maybe what we are looking is not available using dmesg..

someone else needs to jump in and let you know where to look for the syslog messages.

if it is your router causing your wan to reset everyday at midnight and not your isp, I would think there would be a syslog message showing some service stopping & starting, or just restarting.

if you are running a version of windows, think about using wallwatcher. you can watch the syslog & firewall in real time, or just the syslog.

I just checked my dmesg file located in /opt/var/log.

I looks like not everything gets put into dmesg. At least there are matches to wallwatcher, but wallwatcher has many more entries. It could be that I have told the router I have an external syslog server.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 13:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Looking at the basics, could you please check if you haven't accidentally set the "Force Reconnect" option in the Setup tab?
DangeR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 15:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
It is enabled... that's why my router disconnects and reconnects at the midnight? I'll give a try and come back with answer Smile Thanks for ideea.

EDIT: Damn you're right Smile) I can't belive this was the reason Embarassed Thanks!
I thought that option reconnects my internet connection when it's dropped from ISP after 5 seconds, but was the time... at 00:05 Smile that's arround midnight.
joo2e85
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 16:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had the same problem and it drives me nuts for few weeks trying to solve it. and now I am laughing at myself and..you. Laughing
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: