DD-WRT v23 SP2 micro and chillispot??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
r4nd0m
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:25    Post subject: DD-WRT v23 SP2 micro and chillispot?? Reply with quote
hi,

I acutally run 2 linksys wrt54gs v5.1 in WDS. I installed the micro image.

Now the problem, after everything is in place I found out that the micro doesnt support chillispot at all, then I thought well ipkg might help installing the option .. but there is no ipkg in the image at all .. neither simple ls ...

is there an option to install the chillispot on micro or isnt there any space left at all to support it. if so how is it possible to get it into the image ..

can anything else than the micro be installed onto this device?
is it possible to generate a micro that includes the chillispot package?

any help would be more than nice

r4nd0m
Sponsor
Henrideath
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 22:48    Post subject: Same problem here !!! Reply with quote
Hi mate,

Need this too, but I think that dd-wrt won't do the job. I Try to intall openwrt with Ipkg, verdict : no space left on device...

Screwed ?

I guess so.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
no way. there is not enough space on the flash, there is not enough ram for running.

buy a better router

sorry but i'm really not joking

some stats:
chillispot takes 4,5 MB of ram for running
the WRT54G v5 has just 8 mb total memory

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks BrainSlayer, and thanks a lot for the great job.

I reckon what you say, just the core basic network functions and chillispot is something impossible to consider... Too bad for me, I ordered several, no way to bring them back to the store... Is there any way to use them as hotspots without chilli ?

Cheers.

T.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
classical hotspot yes. maybe i could get sputnik to run on it. but i didnt tried it yet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
if there is a way to run sputnik, please let me know. If you can do it for us as a custom firmware that you sell, please let me know... Thanks by advance. T.
Henrideath
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
One last question, is it possible to use "classical" hotspot features, offered by dd-wrt micro (redirection) to access a chillispot server ? Thanks !
Henrideath
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:58    Post subject: I found a way... And wrote a tuto. Reply with quote
You actualy can run chillispot on ANY version of wrt G & GS (up to 6?):

http://blog.newcal.eu/dotclear/index.php?2007/02/28/23-install-chillispot-on-a-wrt54gs-40-50-or-60

In french :

http://blog.newcal.eu/dotclear/index.php?2007/02/28/22-comment-installer-chillispot-sur-un-wrt54gs-version-40-50-et-60

Thanks BS for such a good firmware, it helped a lot.

Regards,

Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: