TP-Link WR-1043ND

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 106, 107, 108 ... 146, 147, 148  Next
edrikk
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 18:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
joecop67 wrote:
edrikk wrote:
After 300 posts you should know better than that.

If you are going to restore a backup, dont even bother resetting. That's not what "it's there for."

I recommend using iMacros to 'record' your entries as you set the router up from scratch. Next time, reset, and simply run your macro to set it up exactly the same way again automatically.

I've never read any where that you shouldn't restore your settings using that function. Btw I always do a hard reset before and after and the number of posts means nothing. If you look at when I joined you'll see I'm new at this.
Why would the developers implement a function in the builds if it's meant to not be used. I guess I'm an idiot.

How about here... The infamous Sticky'd Peacock thread taht everyone refers to...
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51486
Which states:

Quote:

2. You CANNOT install old configuration files made on one svn build on any other firmware without risking large problems. Don't do it. Restoring backups after changing builds can brick your router! Delete your old configuration files once you are sure the newer firmware is stable. They are useless. Also, it should not even have to be mentioned but you cannot use backup files from one router model on another router model. You should also not re-use old config files IF you are having any problems, or you could put the problem back in. This does mean you have to re-enter ALL your configurations again. Don't bitch about this. It's the FUN of third party firmware. Plus you might see some options you missed before. If this is a hassle for you, try using Imacros for firefox to automate the process.

Frater has also championed some scripts that can be used to restore some parts of the nvram:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=44324

Or even a google search of "can i restore configuration after dd-wrt flash", which resulted as its second hit:
www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Installation

Where it states:
Quote:

You must start to configure router from scratch. Do not try to use config files from older firmware versions.

[EDIT] PS. The reason for that functionality is to allow the user to restore the configuration from the SAME router, running the SAME version of firmware.[/EDIT]
Sponsor
joecop67
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
deleted

Last edited by joecop67 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 20:47; edited 1 time in total
paganister
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi

I made a thread about issues with the latest build here:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=154800

Just realised there is this thread here.

Can anyone enlighten me with a solution to these issues? Maybe there is an older build which is definitely reliable?

Version 1.8 model by the way. Thanks
TheLostSwede
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
rampantandroid wrote:
Hi all,

Trying to optimize my router, and using my iPad 2 I seem to only be getting 64M tx and rx rates - these are below expected, right? However, my PS3 which is further away gets 104 tx and 54 rx.

My settings are:
NG mixes,
Turbo (40MHz)
Auto channel
Lower control channel
TX Power is 22 dBm
gain is 0
Short preamble is disabled
Both antenna chains are 1+2+3
Sensitivity range is 800

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

It's not the router, it's the iPad. Most tablets and smartphones only support speeds of up to 65Mbps on 802.11n due to a single stream, single antenna, 20MHz channel limitation in the hardware.
I'd suggest setting the router to Dynamic 20/40MHz for the channel width, not that it'll make much difference, but when you're only getting speeds that low, there's little point in keeping both channels active at all times.
jedighost
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 20:10    Post subject: need a little help to set up wifi correctly on 1043ND Reply with quote
I'm on dd-wrt 18777

I am using WiFi G only (no B, no N) to make things simple.

What is the best way to configure Antenna Chains for TX and RX?

Is Short Preamble a good idea?
Stefan.W
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 20:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,

i´m a new guy in this forum. What´s the last stable version for 1043ND. Can somebody write a link or anythins else?

thanks a lot.
Belatis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
ftp://dd-wrt.com/../../others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/03-19-12-r18777/tplink_tl-wr1043nd/

Here you get the latest one. But i recommend to read through the wiki and forum for flashing when you come from the stock firmware!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Its a shame the wireless dropouts this unit has
bsbelle
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 22:36    Post subject: Help with USB Reply with quote
SkiBum1207 wrote:
gr3g0r wrote:
samba and ntfs support is not included in that version, right?

It actually is working! I was suprised to find that a 1TB NTFS drive I plugged in did work. However it is very slow. ~1.5Mb/s versus ~8Mb/s for ext3. So if you have to have NTFS, then it will work, but if you want any sort of performance I would highly recommend ext3.

I have build 18777 on my router. Under the Services/USB, I have my external drive showing up as Mounted on/ mnt with a single NTFS partition of 931gb. However, I can not access the drive from my PC.
poker_x
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 20:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there anyone who installed the latest release on the TL-WR1043ND?
hypercommunist
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
poker_x wrote:

I'm running 19327

Everything seems fine except I can't get it to share my data partition under Samba. Evil or Very Mad
hypercommunist
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 21:12    Post subject: Re: Help with USB Reply with quote
bsbelle wrote:
I have build 18777 on my router. Under the Services/USB, I have my external drive showing up as Mounted on/ mnt with a single NTFS partition of 931gb. However, I can not access the drive from my PC.

You also have to enable Samba under Services => NAS
B@R
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 15:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can't get connected to ISP over L2TP.
bsbelle
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 22:03    Post subject: Re: Help with USB Reply with quote
hypercommunist wrote:

You also have to enable Samba under Services => NAS

Thank you. Got it working.
MonkeyCrumpets
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 17:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
poker_x wrote:

I just popped my DD-WRT cherry with build r19342 on a v1.8. Everything seems fine so far Very Happy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 106, 107, 108 ... 146, 147, 148  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 107 of 148
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: