HELP - Netgear WNDR4000 - Double NAT / Port Forward

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
lifeisgoodenjoy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 15:11    Post subject: HELP - Netgear WNDR4000 - Double NAT / Port Forward Reply with quote
First let me say I am new to ddwrt - and excellent work. I have used tomato for many years and have decided to give ddwrt a try on my new router purchase.

My Environment
A Netgear WNDR4000 running ddwrt big (dd-wrt.v24-18946_NEWD-2_K2.6_big-nv64k.bin). I have installed optware using the instructions at
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Optware,_the_Right_Way I have a double Nat setup - My WAN IP starts with 172.* - This cannot be changed - no point in wasting space with the why, no DMZ option either. I do have a public static IP but my ddwrt router cannot see it.

My Issue
This has not been an issue with other setups (tomato) so I know it can be done successfully, however currently no external requests can get to my internal servers. Internal requests work just fine so I know the servers are up, etc. dmesg shows a [DROP INVALID WAN] over and over, I'm not at home right now or I'd post it. The port forwards in iptables are present (nothing special atm - just 22, 80, and 443). It appears that ddwrt marks any request appearing to be from a private network arriving on the WAN port as INVALID and then drops it..... I desperately need to disable this feature. A cool checkbox in the web interface would be nice but I have no qualms about ssh'ing in.

I *need* this to work (part of my income) or i have to abandon ddwrt, currently my old tomato router is doing the grunt work but that needs to be replaced for other unrelated reasons. I will list iptables (iptables -nvL) later this evening but I thought I'd get this post out there in case anyone knows this off the top of their head and just hasnt had an opportunity to post it in the forums - any insight or ideas are very welcome. Thanks in advance Very Happy

Last edited by lifeisgoodenjoy on Fri Jun 01, 2012 13:31; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
lifeisgoodenjoy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 23:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
as promised above, i have attached the output of iptables. Any ideas? Has double NAT'd gateway been neutered from ddwrt?

I'm guessing it would just be extra rules added to the iptables but i dont know enough about iptables. I'd be happy to donate to something/someone if it resolves this quickly... Very Happy

iptables_-nvL_-t_nat.txt
 Description:
results of iptables -nvL -t nat

Download
 Filename:  iptables_-nvL_-t_nat.txt
 Filesize:  1.19 KB
 Downloaded:  348 Time(s)

iptable_-nvL.txt
 Description:
results of iptables -nvL

Download
 Filename:  iptable_-nvL.txt
 Filesize:  8.45 KB
 Downloaded:  359 Time(s)

lifeisgoodenjoy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
almost forgot - attached is dmesg output showing what i believe are the drops

dmesg pipe tail -n50.txt
 Description:
dmesg output showing what i believe are the drops

Download
 Filename:  dmesg pipe tail -n50.txt
 Filesize:  9.5 KB
 Downloaded:  510 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: