Configure dd-wrt to connect only via VPN?

drdcwill
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:58    Post subject: Configure dd-wrt to connect only via VPN? Reply with quote
Greetings:

I believe that this is _not_ a hardware-specific question, but I'll mention FYI that I'm happily running v24-sp2 mega on an ASUS RT-N16 and apologize in advance if my belief is incorrect.

While installing this system and debugging some silly routing problems, I saw that dd-wrt would sometimes give up trying to establish a VPN tunnel and just create a WAN connection without one. I can obviously see the connection status in the GUI when I go looking for it, but I am concerned that my traffic may be sent in the clear when I'm not watching (and I can't monitor connection status 24/7). I would like to configure dd-wrt so that it will _not_ connect unless the VPN tunnel has been established and so it will disconnect from the WAN in the event that the VPN tunnel is dropped for any reason. In short, I would like no VPN = no connection.

If there's a way to do this, I haven't yet found it. Any help will be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: