DDWRT firmware flashed without Device ID

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
divyekhanna
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 18:36    Post subject: DDWRT firmware flashed without Device ID Reply with quote
Hi, I had successfully installed a build (default build from the router database) of DD-WRT on my router (D-Link DIR 615 E4).

The primary reason for me installing DD-WRT on this router was to use it as a wireless repeater for my home network which I was not able to do with the said build. Searching on the forums revealed that I should upgrade to build 18777 as it has fixed some bugs.

But in the hurry of doing it and absent-mindedness late night, I forgot to add the device ID at the end of the firmware file using the Hex Editor.

Now, I am able to connect to the primary router using this secondary DD-WRT router through Ethernet connection (on the secondary) but not through Wireless connection (on the secondary). Also, the globe light on my router is yellow.

Also, strangely, I am not able to enter the Emergency Room Mode (press and hold reset for 45 secs and go to IP 192.168.0.1).

Thank You,
Divye.
Sponsor
schmatzler
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 21:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have you tried plugging the device in while you hold the reset button down? It should enter emergency mode then.
divyekhanna
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, I have tried that too ... the power light blinks, but the IP (192.168.0.1) does not open.
schmatzler
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is your host IP in the same range, e.g. 192.168.0.2?
divyekhanna
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have configured my LAN Adapter IP manually to the following:

IP: 192.168.0.2
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.0.1

Then I bring the router in the emergency room mode (power light blinking orange).

And then, from my browser, I type 192.168.0.1 as the address, but the page does not open...
divyekhanna
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey guys, any solution to my problem? Has anyone else experienced the same problem of not being able to enter the emergency room?

Is there anything I might be overlooking?

Divye.
divyekhanna
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 13:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Another update:

I have tried accessing using my old computer running IE6. I am able to enter the Emergency Room, but not able to upload the .bin file for the factory default firmware.

I have the following .bin files:
1. Factor Default Firmware
2. Build 15___ something of DDWRT (factory to DDWRT file)
3. Build 18777 of DDWRT (both files)

Of this, I am able to upload only the build 18777 file. In the rest of the two files, it says page cannot be displayed and the file does not upload...

Is there a problem with the DDWRT build 18777 that it is not letting any other firmware be installed?

Also, I would like to know the process to get to know the device ID of my router ... is there any command for the same?

Thanks,
Divye.
joecop67
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 14:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Deleted

Last edited by joecop67 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:53; edited 1 time in total
divyekhanna
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 15:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok joecop, thanks for the input. I have managed to downgrade the build to 15778 (as listed in the router database), but still, the globe light on my router is orange!

My modem seems to be working fine with LAN. Also, when bridged wirelessly to my primary router, the internet works with cable LAN, but not with Wireless LAN ... can someone please explain why?

From what I have gathered by googling, the Orange Globe light on my DIR-615 has a connection with this problem. It should be ideally green.

Can somebody please help diagnose this problem? Ultimately, I want to wirelessly bridge this router to a primary router and have wireless clients on this (secondary router).

Thanks,
Divye.
divyekhanna
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 16:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Update:

I successfully reverted back to my original D-Link Firmware 5.10 and the globe light vanished (Not green it got turned off).

Again, I flashed the router with build 18777 of DD-WRT and the Orange Globe is back again ... what might be the issue?

Thanks,
Divye.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: