New Build (BS) 19342

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
kt_haddock
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 17:50    Post subject: New Build (BS) 19342 Reply with quote
ftp://www.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/06-08-12-r19342/

This build thread is for reporting successes and problem with loading this experimental test build. This is important info for developers and users. [b]Always state your hardware and SPECIFIC build. (eg: 19342_NEWD-2_K2.6_mega-nv64k.bin).Do not ask questions about your specific router or how to configure it in this thread; create your own thread to discuss any specific problems you have or need resolved. This thread is to report info, not to seek it. Posts that do not add to understanding this build will be deleted. Make sure you know how to flash properly and the risk before using this build. It is important to adhere to these requirements, to keep this thread from becoming impossibly long and useless. If you don't know what build to flash and how to flash properly and have a means of recovery if things should go wrong, do NOT flash this experimental test build.

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well .... I have uploaded it to my E3000 (converted WRT610v2). It appears to work as well as the recent previous one. If anything out of the ordinary happens I will report it here. For a 'generic' setup on a "regular" network, it appears to be working fine.

Try Dropbox for syncing files - get 2.5gb online for free by signing up.

Read! Peacock thread
*PLEASE* upgrade PAST v24SP1 or no support.
RejZoR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, the latest:
dd-wrt.v24-19342_NEWD-2_K2.6_big-nv60k.bin

was making my Linksys E4200 v1.0 to hang completelly without any reason. Wireless and even wired connection just dropped after a few minutes after boot, making it useless.

Luckily i still had:
dd-wrt.v24-18946_NEWD-2_K2.6_big-nv60k.bin

on my drive which worked without any hanging. After flashing it back to this older build, hanging stopped and is still working perfectly fine after like 6 hours now.

Please check what was wrong in the newest build and fix it. Thx
forenuser
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:42    Post subject: 19342: WLAN issues Reply with quote
Hello!
I guess i found some issues with the WLAN.

2.4 GHz Radio:

With the setting (manualy set or after router reset)
--> Wireless -> Basic Sesstings -> Wireless Channel: "Auto"
the setting shows
--> Status -> Wireless -> Interface wl0 -> Channel: "4".

However, the real set channel is "6" and there is no change after reboot.
The manual channel selection works fine even without reboot.

5 GHz Radio:

With the setting (manualy set or after router reset)
--> Wireless -> Basic Sesstings -> Wireless Channel: "Auto"
following will be displayed in
--> Status -> Wireless -> Interface wl1 -> Channel: "151".

This channel is used in the US exclusively, so i think a more common channel (e.g. 36) should be prefered - as it was in the Builds 14929 and 16785.
Anyway, channel 151 can not be selected manualy as it is not in the list.
Any other manual channel selection between channel 34 and 167 just take place after router reboot and then the real set channel is always 36. I did not try the higher channels (184 to 216) as my equipment does not support them.

Hardware:
- Linksys E 3000, EU/german model.

Software:
- DD-WRT v24-sp2 (06/08/12) mini / (SVN revision 19342)
- DD-WRT v24-sp2 (06/08/12) big / (SVN revision 19342)

WiFi Channels checked with EU/german Android Tablet and WiFi Analyzer 3.1.2
WiFi access checked with above tablet and Windows Vista with Linksys AE 1000 Adapter.

BTW: Above issues already comes up in the Builds 18774 and 18946 in a similar way.

Please excuse my english!
Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is this version still too big to fit into 4mb flash? It's the same size as previous version (dd-wrt.v24_std_generic.bin).
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 13:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
std_nokiad on a TM with sd mod, mypage, otrw (only running xined & pixelserv).

Nothing has changed in regards to nvram not being erased properly via gui or from the drop down in the upgrade page since last build (19327) I didn't expect it to be fixed looking at trac and external storage (free / total) is not being displayed properly in the admin page.

Interesting thing I noticed.

Using telent to erase nvram, it used to display the bytes it erased (still does).. but it used to say 65536 (erase sector size.. one sector)

now using telnet, it says 131072 (two sectors).

Erasing nvram via telnet does indeed erase all of it. Only "some" of nvram gets erased using the gui to restore factory settings, or selecting to restore setting after the flash from the upgrade page.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 14:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware wrote:

Using telent to erase nvram, it used to display the bytes it erased (still does).. but it used to say 65536 (erase sector size.. one sector)

Yes, that is the most common sectorsize for flash chips but there are some exceptions.

barryware wrote:

I don't think it says "two sectors". Smile
Your -TM has an 8MB flash with sectorsize = 128KB

There is only 1 change between 19327 and 19342 affecting Broadcom and that is the reboot after firmware update fix.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 15:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
RejZoR wrote:
Well, the latest:

was making my Linksys E4200 v1.0 to hang completelly without any reason. Wireless and even wired connection just dropped after a few minutes after boot, making it useless.

Luckily i still had:

on my drive which worked without any hanging. After flashing it back to this older build, hanging stopped and is still working perfectly fine after like 6 hours now.

Same exact problem here, as I said in 19327 thread.
Just done a 30/30/30 and manually restored all my config with 19327 for this. Now I'm upgrading to 19342, will be back when I've done some testing.
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 16:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
barryware wrote:

Yes, that is the most common sectorsize for flash chips but there are some exceptions.

barryware wrote:

There is only 1 change between 19327 and 19342 affecting Broadcom and that is the reboot after firmware update fix.

The nvram erase problem happened more than one build ago. I would have to go back and look so I can state build numbers but when support was added for the 2500, that is when I noticed it.. meaning that nvram was not being erased completely. I reported this in the build thread(s) Both eko's last build and the stuff Fractal is compiling. I also said I believe that is why some routers were getting bricked. This is also true with k26. I was using my RT for testing the k26 builds so it is not specific to k24 builds. My RT would not run after flashing. I had to use the reset button. I did not make note of what was not being erased.

It will be easy enough to confirm. With my TM (k24), my overclock, max ports, and traff data were not set to defaults using the gui to restore factory settings after the flash, or using the gui to just restore factory settings (no flashing).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 17:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,

I tested this build with a e3200, i have reset the e3200 with the normal 30/30/30. I have only 2.4 Ghz no 5Ghz.
Lan connection is ok 100Mb down 10Mb Up, my normal connection. When i use the wireless i get only 2Mb down and got a good upload 10Mb.

I use N only, Security WPA2 AES and the WMM Support is on. Is there stil a problem with wireless on a E3200.

I flashed back to the linksys firmware and i get a good wireless up and download.

Update: When I set the Wireless Network Mode to Mixed, Wireless Channel to Auto and Channel Width to Auto i get 60Mb Down and 10 Mb Up with ta good value.
Can somebody confirm this problem.

Thanks defs

Very Happy Very Happy

1 E3000 AND 1 E2000 WPA2 AES
DD-WRT v3.0-r31277
ErMeglio
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
ErMeglio wrote:
RejZoR wrote:
Well, the latest:

Luckily i still had:

Same exact problem here, as I said in 19327 thread.
Just done a 30/30/30 and manually restored all my config with 19327 for this. Now I'm upgrading to 19342, will be back when I've done some testing.

I can confirm this issue is gone for now!
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 18:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware wrote:
LOM wrote:
barryware wrote:

barryware wrote:

The nvram erase problem happened more than one build ago. I would have to go back and look so I can state build numbers but when support was added for the 2500, that is when I noticed it.. meaning that nvram was not being erased completely. I reported this in the build thread(s) Both eko's last build and the stuff Fractal is compiling. I also said I believe that is why some routers were getting bricked. This is also true with k26. I was using my RT for testing the k26 builds so it is not specific to k24 builds. My RT would not run after flashing. I had to use the reset button. I did not make note of what was not being erased.

It will be easy enough to confirm. With my TM (k24), my overclock, max ports, and traff data were not set to defaults using the gui to restore factory settings after the flash, or using the gui to just restore factory settings (no flashing).

http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/ticket/2584

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
buggles wrote:
Is this version still too big to fit into 4mb flash? It's the same size as previous version (dd-wrt.v24_std_generic.bin).

Tried it on my WRT54GL (4mb flash) and it still doesn't work. The last one which worked was r18777. Upgrading with the mini version works.
zopostyle
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 13:46    Post subject: Re: New Build (BS) 19342 Reply with quote
kt_haddock wrote:
ftp://www.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/06-08-12-r19342/

This build thread is for reporting successes and problem with loading this experimental test build. This is important info for developers and users. [b]Always state your hardware and SPECIFIC build. (eg: 19342_NEWD-2_K2.6_mega-nv64k.bin).Do not ask questions about your specific router or how to configure it in this thread; create your own thread to discuss any specific problems you have or need resolved. This thread is to report info, not to seek it. Posts that do not add to understanding this build will be deleted. Make sure you know how to flash properly and the risk before using this build. It is important to adhere to these requirements, to keep this thread from becoming impossibly long and useless. If you don't know what build to flash and how to flash properly and have a means of recovery if things should go wrong, do NOT flash this experimental test build.

Working 100% on E2500.
Oh, I would recommend removing wireless channels above 11, most of wireless adapters can't connect when router choose these channels.
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 13:49    Post subject: Re: New Build (BS) 19342 Reply with quote
zopostyle wrote:

Working 100% on E2500.

Including the 5ghz radio?

Navigation

Jump to: