Linksys E3200 + Airport Express WDS?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
ezzet
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 15:57    Post subject: Linksys E3200 + Airport Express WDS? Reply with quote
Hi, first of all I want to apoligize if I am posting this on the wrong section, but it seemed to be the best option out of the list.

After 2 days of trying (and trying, and trying) to configure my Linksys E3200(Firmware DD-WRT) with my airport express to I gave up. The goal of this linking is to use the airport express in wds mode to extend the wireless network all over my house

I've tried everything I've seen in every post and website and can't seem to get it working.
Here the pictures of one of the configurations I tried that should've worked from what I read but it did not.

(I'm pretty sure no one lives close to me so posting the AE's Mac is not a big deal is it?

I did put the airport's MAC on the wds section of the admin page and the router's Mac on the wds section of the Airport express.

I also tried using a WPA password, I tried using different channels, and I tried Mixed and B/G connections. Nothing, light on AE stays amber. would appreciate it if anyone knows what to do!
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Normally, WDS does not work unless the router chipsets are the same.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
ezzet
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Murrkf wrote:
Normally, WDS does not work unless the router chipsets are the same.

Thankyou for answering!

I Have the 802.11n Airport Express model

and for the router I found these"the E3200 features the Broadcom BCM47186 chipset". I know that it is a N Dual Band but I'm not really very experienced in this so I don't know if this matters.

Is there no way to make them work together then? I just want to expand my wireless signal not much interest for the other AE capabilities.
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 0:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try repeater bridge mode
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
ezzet
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Murrkf wrote:
Try repeater bridge mode

Okay that made airport utility jump and show me that the AE is connected to the router, but it told me
WDS Error
Internet Connection Error

It seems to not be able to get a proper IP, the IP it gets from the router is
"169.254.126.150"

Might this be from the difference on Chipsets? Your help is much appreciated!
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 14:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
do a hard reset and reconfigure. there should be no wds so no wds error if configured properly. chipset doesnt matter with repeater bridge mode.
MrFidget
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think the Airport is a Marvell Wireless and the E3200 is a broadcom = no WDS Sad

I may be wrong, but I suspect, from my recent WDS research, this may be the case.

Good luck Smile

Cheers
Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: