WNDR3700 repeater

BL
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 20:49    Post subject: WNDR3700 repeater Reply with quote
Hi!

I wonder if there is a guide on how to setup several repeaters connected wired and then also repeating the wireless networks I've setup on one of the routers (so I have the same SSID/key etc.) and reach the same network(s)?

In my case I have 3 x WNDR3700's running the latest DD-WRT firmware (of course!) on 3 different levels in my house.

When I looked in the wiki I could only find guides for connecting via wireless signals.

TIA!
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wiki: Wireless access point.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
BL
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sweet, seems to be spot on!

From reading quickly through the Wiki article (http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless_Access_Point) the only questionmark is really about the wireless networks, am I entering the same SSIDs and encryption keys as I've already setup on router 1 and will wireless clients automatically pick up the best signal according to location in my house?
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 15:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
That depends on your client and the wireless drivers. Put the routers on different channels if you use the same ssid.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
BL
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 13:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Excellent, I'll try that!

Thanks for your help! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: