Server 2008 - Configure DHCP DNS roles on DDWRT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
david92ng
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:56    Post subject: Server 2008 - Configure DHCP DNS roles on DDWRT Reply with quote
I have a Windows Server 2008 that has DHCP and DNS role installed at home. I am trying to forward all the dhcp and dns requests to the server. The problem is that when a client connects to the router, it would give it's own ip address as the dhcp server, dns instead of the servers. Im not sure whats the correct setting to make this happen.

Firmware: 18777 Mini on the E2000

Thanks in advance!
Sponsor
mnour.tamer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 14:47    Post subject: Re: Server 2008 - Configure DHCP DNS roles on DDWRT Reply with quote
david92ng wrote:
I have a Windows Server 2008 that has DHCP and DNS role installed at home. I am trying to forward all the dhcp and dns requests to the server. The problem is that when a client connects to the router, it would give it's own ip address as the dhcp server, dns instead of the servers. Im not sure whats the correct setting to make this happen.

Firmware: 18777 Mini on the E2000

Thanks in advance!

make your main router works as dhcp forwadrer , give the Ip address of your windows 2008 server P address .
thats it
aaron.macdonald
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 19:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
You should just be able to disable DHCP and DNS services on the router, there is no need to setup any DHCP forwarding unless you have multiple subnets. I haven't used DD-WRT for awhile so I can't tell you exactly how to disable DHCP and DNS but it should be pretty easy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: