WNDR4500, Found a ddWRT build for it & been working well

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
bosewicht
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 19:43    Post subject: jffs clean hanging process Reply with quote
Same here, enabling jffs is fine, but when trying to clean, it seems to hang. The web interface just says connecting and i left it run for about an hour. I telnet in and look at the processes and the only one that had the jffs had a /dev/NULL reference in the process. Could this be the issue? After that, any changes on save cause the browser interface to hang until disabling the jffs.

I'm trying to do the pixelserv adblock on the router. is there another method than using jffs?
Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 20:23    Post subject: Re: jffs clean hanging process Reply with quote
bosewicht wrote:
Same here, enabling jffs is fine, but when trying to clean, it seems to hang. The web interface just says connecting and i left it run for about an hour. I telnet in and look at the processes and the only one that had the jffs had a /dev/NULL reference in the process. Could this be the issue? After that, any changes on save cause the browser interface to hang until disabling the jffs.

I'm trying to do the pixelserv adblock on the router. is there another method than using jffs?

Not sure of that initial chk has USB support, but if it does, you should be able to install pixelserv adblock via optware onto a USB flash drive etc.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
bosewicht
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there a way to clean the jffs from the command line? telnet, ssh? I suppose i could look through the source code to find out what is being done on mount and clean, but if there is a short answer.

After reading over the optware info, that may be a better way to go anyways, expanded storage?
calee4nyaboy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 0:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Currently the router database does not show this router in it. Since it is supported, can someone update it?
salada2k
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 0:07    Post subject: Excellent Reply with quote
Hi guys, just wanted to chime in here and thank everyone who is working on this project. All your hard work is very much appreciated. *Finally* this router can reach its potential.

THANKS! Smile
bosewicht
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
calee4nyaboy wrote:
Currently the router database does not show this router in it. Since it is supported, can someone update it?

I don't believe that this is an official port
useeone
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:57    Post subject: Re: Excellent Reply with quote
salada2k wrote:
Hi guys, just wanted to chime in here and thank everyone who is working on this project. All your hard work is very much appreciated. *Finally* this router can reach its potential.

THANKS! Smile

Same here.
Thank you.

Can't wait for the official port. I'm quite new to the scene of custom firmware so don't want to brick my device.

Keep up the great work guys.
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 14:30    Post subject: Re: jffs clean hanging process Reply with quote
bosewicht wrote:

Updating to revision 19963 or higher fixes the memory bug in the webui... However correct GPIO's need to be applied to the code, without that the reset button and power/lan leds should not function correctly.... I have been busy with my D1800H but I will try and get those to tahata so he can update his builds.

-Fractal
bosewicht
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 23:06    Post subject: Re: jffs clean hanging process Reply with quote
Fractal wrote:

Updating to revision 19963 or higher fixes the memory bug in the webui... However correct GPIO's need to be applied to the code, without that the reset button and power/lan leds should not function correctly.... I have been busy with my D1800H but I will try and get those to tahata so he can update his builds.

-Fractal

So the issue is in the ui and not in the actual cleaning of the jffs?

Last edited by bosewicht on Wed Jun 20, 2012 0:39; edited 2 times in total
calee4nyaboy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 23:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
bosewicht wrote:
calee4nyaboy wrote:

I don't believe that this is an official port

This router is supported by DD although it's pretty much an alpha build. It should at least be listed in the DB as supported and a WIP. Right now its not even in there.

On the supported devices page, it is listed as so.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices

We may know it's supported, but when newbies come to check out DD for their 4500, they'll follow the instructions of looking it up in the DB and it wont show. If DD doesn't want to update it, that's fine with me, but a lot of people will miss out.

Glad this build is finally turning into something.
bosewicht
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
so i attempted ssh and:

nvram set jffs_mounted=1
nvram set enable_jffs2=1
nvram set sys_enable_jffs2=1
nvram set clean_jffs2=1
nvram set sys_clean_jffs2=1
nvram commit
reboot

left it run for an hour and nothing, frozen, then rebooting and setting to 0 froze as well. The mounting and unmounting definately are going through, somewhere is causing problems, but it is hanging regardless
bosewicht
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:50    Post subject: Re: jffs clean hanging process Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
Not sure of that initial chk has USB support, but if it does, you should be able to install pixelserv adblock via optware onto a USB flash drive etc.

it does and this way ended up working for me thanks!
HaTaX
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fractal, maybe you can chime in with any ideas on if the issues with the 5ghz side of things is possibly related to something off the main branch, or just not configured correctly in the current build?

Would really like to have that back, just not badly enough to go back to stock firmware yet. Smile

Thanks again for the effort all! It's been pretty stable since install, I have noticed sometimes a reboot brings it back up to full speed so I've setup a weekly reboot for it. Otherwise everything else has been working well.
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 16:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
HaTaX wrote:
Fractal, maybe you can chime in with any ideas on if the issues with the 5ghz side of things is possibly related to something off the main branch, or just not configured correctly in the current build?

Would really like to have that back, just not badly enough to go back to stock firmware yet. Smile

Thanks again for the effort all! It's been pretty stable since install, I have noticed sometimes a reboot brings it back up to full speed so I've setup a weekly reboot for it. Otherwise everything else has been working well.

I have been busy testing the D1800H but got some time this weekend to put the wndr4500 on the bench.. Here is some things that are missing:

gpio=7 is robo-reset
gpio=6 is reset/sis gpio

Vlan2 ports= 4 8u
pa2gw1a=0x1DFC
pa2gw1a1=0x1FF9
pa2gw1a2=0x1E58
-----
5ghz:
maxp5gla0=0x60
maxp5gla1=0x60
maxp5gla2=0x60
maxp5gha0=0x72
maxp5gha1=0x72
maxp5gha2=0x72
pa5gw0a0=0xFE6C
pa5gw0a1=0xFE72
pa5gw0a2=0xFE75
pa5glw2a0=0xFFFF
pa5ghw2a0=0xF8C5
pa5ghw2a1=0xF8D6
pa5ghw2a2=0xF8DA

gw:
pa2gw0a0=0xFE56
pa2gw0a1=0xFEB3
pa2gw0a2=0xFE6A

I think that is about it what is missing from sysinit to get the 5ghz working.. I will check more later..

-Fractal
ZeDestructor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 13:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can someone test the Wifi client mode of this firmware on the WNDR4500? Specifically, I need one of the wireless radios to act as a client/WAN port while the rest acts as a normal router.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 9
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: