Buffalo WZR-D1800H

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
blublight9 wrote:
Thanks everyone who have been giving me suggestions. It looks like 150Mbps is what I'm able to get for 11ac. It must be interference Sad

run this command from the execute commands option:

wl -i eth2 interference 4

then run

Let me know if that changes it

-Fractal
Sponsor
Magnetron1.1
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
phenixdragon wrote:
Anyone seeing issues with the router randomly rebooting? I installed dd-wrt.v24-19363_buffalo_ac.bin today and it just seems to stop working every 20 minutes or so, I take a look at the router and the light turns red, a minute or so later, it is working again. My entire network goes down when this is happening and is getting pretty annoying. I am not sure if previous builds for this router had the same issue as I wasn't trying to run it as my main router, but now I am trying.

Both of mine have been stable on BrainSlayer's latest build 19364 (and were stable on all of the previous builds as well.)
mbze430
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
phenixdragon wrote:
Anyone seeing issues with the router randomly rebooting? I installed dd-wrt.v24-19363_buffalo_ac.bin today and it just seems to stop working every 20 minutes or so, I take a look at the router and the light turns red, a minute or so later, it is working again. My entire network goes down when this is happening and is getting pretty annoying. I am not sure if previous builds for this router had the same issue as I wasn't trying to run it as my main router, but now I am trying.

It was doing that with my WZR-D1800H with the previous built. do you have DNSMasq running? I *thought* it might be with that, since it was the only other thing I had enabled before my router bricked.
thistletea
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 14:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone know where I can get the default Buffalo firmware? I need to restore back to stock but I'm unable to find it on their website.
phenixdragon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 15:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
mbze430 wrote:
phenixdragon wrote:

It was doing that with my WZR-D1800H with the previous built. do you have DNSMasq running? I *thought* it might be with that, since it was the only other thing I had enabled before my router bricked.

I do have it enabled. Looks like it is by default.

What I am wondering is maybe there was an issue on my Comcast line or an issue with having DirecTV installed and having their DECA adapter plugged in. Before going to bed last night I plugged in my older router running dd-wrt and the Internet speeds were terrible. Barely 1 meg down but a few mess up. I pay for a 12/2 line. Ping times where over 100 and up to 600, when normally I am pinging out to under 20 ms. So I unplugged the DECA adapter and things seemed to get a little bit better for the few minutes I was awake still. This morning my speeds are back to normal so I switched back to the Buffalo router with the DECA adapter still unplugged. For the past 30 minutes or so things have been normal. I have a meeting for working in about an hour so I am going to see how things hold up until then and my meeting, which will be online. But I was seeing the network lasting at times even 30-60 minutes.

My thought right now is there was something with the DECA adapter messing my network causing the router to become in a bad state which it would need to be rebooted or it would reboot on its own, or at least it looked like it was rebooting by the lights.

For those that don't know why the DECA adapter is for, it basically allows all the boxes for DirecTV to access the Internet via coax. The adapter plugs into both the coax and your network. It is needed for VOD and such, still I really don't care for but nice to have I guess.
mbze430
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 16:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Interesting. I would have never thought of the DECA being the problem. I have DirecTV with TWC as my ISP.

Since I am waiting for my WZR-D1800H replacement from Buffalo. I have my old WNDR3400 as my primary WAN router. it works flawlessly with DD-WRT in it. No reboot.

I don't see why the DECA would cause the WZR-D1800H to reboot.

Until I get my WZR-D1800H back I won't know, but It shouldn't reboot the router like that regardless.

Oh what I mean by *enable* is that I actually had put in some variables in DNSMasq.
phenixdragon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 16:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
mbze430 wrote:
Interesting. I would have never thought of the DECA being the problem. I have DirecTV with TWC as my ISP.

Since I am waiting for my WZR-D1800H replacement from Buffalo. I have my old WNDR3400 as my primary WAN router. it works flawlessly with DD-WRT in it. No reboot.

Until I get my WZR-D1800H back I won't know, but It shouldn't reboot the router like that regardless.

Oh what I mean by *enable* is that I actually had put in some variables in DNSMasq.

So far so good this morning. I was browsing for about 30 minutes, than jumped on Xbox Live for like 45 minutes. Seems like Live went down since I got disconnected and couldn't connect again but I was still been to browse. Been on a join.me session for work now for 45 minutes, no issues. Once I am done with my meeting in the next 15 minutes I am going to plug the DECA adapter back in and see what happens.

I could just be chasing a red herring and maybe my Comcast connection was flakey yesterday, or a combination of things. Not sure. Not really sure why it would appear to be rebooting regardless. But so far this morning, no issues appear to be happening.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 17:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
thistletea wrote:
Anyone know where I can get the default Buffalo firmware? I need to restore back to stock but I'm unable to find it on their website.

Most times, atleast what i have come to find, is that it'll be on the CD that came with the unit, now how you would go about flashing it back to factory firmware is beyond me, and i don't yet have one of these to test to see if the TFTP method that is viable for other models, will work for this one to...

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
phenixdragon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
phenixdragon wrote:
mbze430 wrote:

So far so good this morning. I was browsing for about 30 minutes, than jumped on Xbox Live for like 45 minutes. Seems like Live went down since I got disconnected and couldn't connect again but I was still been to browse. Been on a join.me session for work now for 45 minutes, no issues. Once I am done with my meeting in the next 15 minutes I am going to plug the DECA adapter back in and see what happens.

I could just be chasing a red herring and maybe my Comcast connection was flakey yesterday, or a combination of things. Not sure. Not really sure why it would appear to be rebooting regardless. But so far this morning, no issues appear to be happening.

Well I don't know what is going on. Seems to be working just fine now. I started to also think I was seeing an issue when the DEC device was tucked away with my router, another AP and my amp to my sub woofer, but now it seems to be okay. It seemed like though when it was with them, it would start to be flakey. I was even lagging terribly in a game on Xbox Live and my connection speeds were horrible again. I took the box out of the cabinet, no issue. Now I have it in there, seems to have been working every time I checked all day except once, but I came back later and no issue since. Right now I am RDP'ed into one of my home machines and no issue. I really have no idea what the issue is, or maybe I should say now was.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
i will provide a backflash image soon. i have the buffalo image and i converted it to dd-wrt already. but i'm sure sure if i'm allowed to provide this image since its a decrypted variant of the original firmware.
i can usually also implement the buffalo webflash variant. so you can use the original encrypted image to flash back from dd-wrt web interface. both is possible. not sure which way i go

DD-WRT supported Concerts @ Bunker Dresden
18.7.2014 - London After Midnight
Magnetron1.1
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 14:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
i will provide a backflash image soon. i have the buffalo image and i converted it to dd-wrt already. but i'm sure sure if i'm allowed to provide this image since its a decrypted variant of the original firmware.
i can usually also implement the buffalo webflash variant. so you can use the original encrypted image to flash back from dd-wrt web interface. both is possible. not sure which way i go

I suspect that Buffalo is waiting for the Confidentiality Agreement with the FCC to expire in October before posting the firmware to the Buffalo website. Posting the .enc variant, and especially the .bin variant, might pose legal problems for your company. I know the factory firmware is encoded (encrypted ?) and I can't figure out what algorithm was used. Tried uudecode but that didn't work. Also, I noticed that build 19364 won't allow it's .enc variant to flash over top. ( This is probably true for the earlier versions of DD-WRT firmware as well, but I didn't test.)

- Magnetron1.1
bwinger79
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 22:22    Post subject: Lights on Router Reply with quote
First....thank you BS for your work on DD-WRT. You newest build works great on my D1800. That said, I have noticed since installing DD-WRT that the lights on the front of the device do not funtion the same as they did with the factory firmware. One main thing is that "Buffalo" seems to blink constantly. Is there any info on what the lights mean with the latest DD-WRT build? Sorry if this is a noob question, but I have searched around and cant seem to find an answer.
blublight9
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 23:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fractal wrote:
blublight9 wrote:
Thanks everyone who have been giving me suggestions. It looks like 150Mbps is what I'm able to get for 11ac. It must be interference Sad

then run

-Fractal
Gave it a shot. Write speed around 100, read still at 150MBps.
phenixdragon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
phenixdragon wrote:
phenixdragon wrote:
mbze430 wrote:

Well I don't know what is going on. Seems to be working just fine now. I started to also think I was seeing an issue when the DEC device was tucked away with my router, another AP and my amp to my sub woofer, but now it seems to be okay. It seemed like though when it was with them, it would start to be flakey. I was even lagging terribly in a game on Xbox Live and my connection speeds were horrible again. I took the box out of the cabinet, no issue. Now I have it in there, seems to have been working every time I checked all day except once, but I came back later and no issue since. Right now I am RDP'ed into one of my home machines and no issue. I really have no idea what the issue is, or maybe I should say now was.

Still having issues myself with this. I am not sure what the deal is. I am getting random reboots and terrible network performance. I haven't been able to determine if it is a DECA issue or not, just haven't had the time this week to play with it. So I have now plugged in my old router running DD-WRT and I am going to RMA this Buffalo back to New Egg and get another one. I was hoping to avoid shipping it back but at this point I want to make sure that it is not the hardware of the router.
Überkinger
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 13:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
blublight9 wrote:
Fractal wrote:
blublight9 wrote:

then run

-Fractal
Gave it a shot. Write speed around 100, read still at 150MBps.

hmm, i am currently on Linksys E4200 on 5GHz with 450Mbits. With AES-Encryption i habe 200-220 Mbps, without 250-270 Mbps. So, on a AC-Device, you should become many more than 150Mbps (MegaBitperSeconds).
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 47, 48, 49  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 8 of 49
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: