The absolute latest builds HERE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 19:14    Post subject: The absolute latest builds HERE Reply with quote
Router "database" is never updated, its full of old broken bricking builds & turns off new users, half of them then come here clueless how to get the latest build after being told "upgrade".

Well this is where the latest builds are, these are Atheros ONLY builds, if you have a Broadcom unit go to the Broadcom section.

LATEST BUILDS HERE --> ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/

This should be stickied, then we can tell them "read the stickies"(which you should be doing on any forum anyway) instead of "upgrade first".

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55488 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55460 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

Sponsor
tuananh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 0:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Couldn't agree more. I saw a bunch of latest build topic and it really confuses me.
Detection
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
tuananh wrote:
Couldn't agree more. I saw a bunch of latest build topic and it really confuses me.

Reading the date of the thread and the build number ought to solve that mystery though

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 19:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Will these work on the DIR-615 C1? And which is the best + most stable build? Been running a build from early '11 forever and some issues have popped up recently.

Edit:

Nevermind, actually clicking through the database shows me it does.
tuananh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Detection wrote:
tuananh wrote:

Reading the date of the thread and the build number ought to solve that mystery though

yeah but take an example of the two latest recent build like 06-06-2012 and 06-08-2012. i did a quick glance and couldn't distinguish the two of them.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 13:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
tuananh wrote:
Detection wrote:
tuananh wrote:

yeah but take an example of the two latest recent build like 06-06-2012 and 06-08-2012. i did a quick glance and couldn't distinguish the two of them.

You distinguished enough to see that they had different dates and different numbers, i'd say thats a pretty good distinguish. And with test builds, you shouldn't ever take a 'quick glance', you should read into its build thread and see what some users have to say about it, you may even save your router from becoming a brick this way.

Some builds have been known to brick units, some have been known to render wireless inoperable etc, its always good to read and study things before you jump right in.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Detection
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 23:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
tuananh wrote:
Detection wrote:
tuananh wrote:

In my opinion if you can't distinguish between two builds that are pretty clearly marked with a higher number and more recent date for a newer build, you probably shouldn't be messing with your router in the first place

Must be terrible working out what day it is... "Hmm the date looks so similar to yesterdays date.."

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 15:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Detection wrote:
tuananh wrote:
Detection wrote:
tuananh wrote:

In my opinion if you can't distinguish between two builds that are pretty clearly marked with a higher number and more recent date for a newer build, you probably shouldn't be messing with your router in the first place

Must be terrible working out what day it is... "Hmm the date looks so similar to yesterdays date.."

you guys got it all wrong.

not that i didn't notice when i'm flashing my router.

i was looking for the topic for the discussion and bug report purpose.
GPSJane
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Arguments aside, how do I tell which is the latest version that will work on my router? I have been told to upgrade but the router database says that I should use the version I currently have (v24sp2 v13525 20091228).

So what is it, the old one or the new one?

It is actually very confusing btw.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Read top post.
mazey
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
the best advice was actually in the wiki, it said..

always do research before installing dd-wrt and dont just jump right in, i did this for like a week before i installed dd-wrt the first time and it helped alot.
GPSJane
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
mazey wrote:
the best advice was actually in the wiki, it said..

always do research before installing dd-wrt and dont just jump right in, i did this for like a week before i installed dd-wrt the first time and it helped alot.

Yeah I also did weeks of research before first installing but it was still very confusing. The one main piece of information I used for the last 2 years was the router database. That is how come I didn't upgrade until now. Now that that I know I can, I will but think how many other new users who will find that piece of information and think they can only install that version or they will brick their routers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: