VPN setup to see other PC

micgo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:04    Post subject: VPN setup to see other PC Reply with quote
Hello. when i connect my VPN using my iphone. i m able to go into my router but let say if i m at friend house using wifi connection when i type in 192.168.1.1 i will be end up to his routor. how do i setup to connect to my own network routor not my friend router ?
Sponsor
bskchaos
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 14:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
You have a route conflict, if you want to use VPN don't use a common IP address like 192.168.1.x
micgo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok i changed the router starting ip address to 192.168.9.100 and the router is 192.168.9.1. now i m able to login to my router. is there a way to see all the PC that is on that network ? in other word can my PC be part of the network that i VPN in
micgo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
anyone plz ??
bskchaos
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 17:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
use ip address instead of hostnames

\\192.168.9.xxx\

Or use dnsmasq to handle FQDN names

Ex.: \\remotepc.remotedomain.local\
micgo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
bskchaos wrote:
use ip address instead of hostnames

\\192.168.9.xxx\

Or use dnsmasq to handle FQDN names

Ex.: \\remotepc.remotedomain.local\

\\192.168.9.xxx\ work out great. but is there a way i can see all my station in my network when i VPN in ? what i m trying to do is when i VPN in to my work. i will able to see all the station and all my networked device (printer, netdisk, etc). kinda like making my computer is part of the local LAN when i VPN in to the work network.
bskchaos
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 15:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not with your current setup. You can try using bridged VPN (TAP).
macrolly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 13:47    Post subject: network router Reply with quote
Instructions for port forwarding on almost any router ever made, along with detailed information about most of the other topics covered on this page.
A list of common port numbers
Is UPnP enabled on your router? Log in to your router similar to if you were going to port forward (shown in the tutorial). Look for UPnP settings under headings such as UPnP, Applications, Port Forwarding, or Virtual Server. Once found, you can enable UPnP from there. Remember, if your router doesn't have a UPnP setting, you will have to port forward.
Set Up Your Firewall So It Does Not Block Connections
Address and Connect to Your PC its long descroption i tell some common part. Hey i tell you a site
2013 mercedes benz sl-class
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: