ipkg problem together with lighty

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> ARM or PPC based Hardware
HenningGessner
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:19    Post subject: ipkg problem together with lighty Reply with quote
Hello board,

I have a problem with ipkg. We have developed a software-package and packed it into the .ipk format using ipkg-build including a preinst and postinst script.

As long as I use a console (telnet on the target) to install, everything workes fine and I can install the whole package without any problems and run the program.

We also have a lighttpd server running on the target to enable user-access. On this user-interface there is a possibility to install an update, which calls a script that downloads the package via ftp and attempts to install it. This fails. Ipkg starts but aborts with a segfault some time into the process of upgrading. Here's some messages (I used -V3 verbosety):

Quote:
resolving conf files
pkg=dlc old_state_flag=190 state_flag=180
cleanup temp files
cleanup_temporary_files: pkg=dlc local_filename=dlc_1.6.113_armel.ipk tmp_dir=/tmp/ipkg-Zqgl1l
Done.
Configuring unpacked packages
Segmentation fault

The web-update uses a shell-script (/bin/sh embetted into BusyBox) which in turn calls the update-script using nohup. The update-script then downloads the package and calls ipkg. I tried calling the update-script using nohup on a console. I also tried calling the script usually called by the web-server and simulated the behavior of lighty in this case. Both console-based operations succeed.

The only difference seems to be either the absence of a console, when lighty calls the script or a different user when lighty calls. I have already changed the user-settings in lighty and those being used when building the package. At the moment I am adding whoami to my busybox to make sure nothing bad happens in that direction.

I have read about similar bugs in ipkg being reported, but none of the suggested fixes have helped me. Does anyone know of a site where ipkg is still being developed? Or has anyone encountered a similar problem? Thanks for your help.

BTW: The target is an iMX35 based on an ARMv6 architecture. The os is build using pengutronix OSLEAS.BSP and is based on the linux-kernel 3.2.13.

Again thanks,

Henning
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
i dont see where this is ddwrt related?
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:02    Post subject: re Reply with quote
well, yeah.

but I was hoping, that since your platform is linux-based and you also use ipkg as a packaging tool you might be able to help anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> ARM or PPC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: