Linksys E4200 Duel Wan Failover

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
madchills
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 14:55    Post subject: Linksys E4200 Duel Wan Failover Reply with quote
Hey Gurus,
As the title states, I have an E4200 and I am trying to get a duel wan failover setup to work. I have tried using the GUI and modifying the startup scripts, and also gone into telnet to try to follow the instructions on the wiki http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Dual_WAN_with_failover. However this is what I get when i type

nvram show | grep vlan.*ports:
vlan2ports=4 8
vlan0ports=1 2 3 4 5*
vlan1ports=0 1 2 3 8*

which is unexpected and I do not know how to proceed. in another wiki that explains what each nvram show command does, it shows that gigabit routers should show something different. I also did ports.*vlans and got a different result as well.

root@DD-WRT:~# nvram show | grep port.*vlans
port5vlans=1 2 16
port3vlans=1
port1vlans=1
port4vlans=1
port2vlans=1
port0vlans=2

Could anyone help me understand these outputs or show me how to get duel wan failover to work using GUI? I would appreciate the help!
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry to bump a months old thread but i would really like to get a answer to this as well. We have the version 1.
Thanks in advance!
TridenT
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 19:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just wanted to add my voice to this.
Dual wan on the e4200 would rock! We have about 60 of these in our offices here in RI

thanks in advance!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: