Which download for NETGEAR WNDR4000?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
jpgoldberg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 16:59    Post subject: Which download for NETGEAR WNDR4000? Reply with quote
According the the router database, the NETGEAR WNDR4000 is a BCM4718.

The for "Firmware Available here" takes me to a directory with no clear (to me) indication of what I should actually fetch. It was

http://dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=others%2Feko%2FBrainSlayer-V24-preSP2%2F2011%2F

I'm sorry if this is a failure on my part to read the appropriate FAQs or whatever, but I did put in a real effort trying. Also, my apologies if this isn't the appropriate place to post this query.

Pointers to the appropriate places to get the information I need would be very welcome.

Cheers,

-j
Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 0:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can use this for reference, but the page is still a work in progress, so the actual flashing steps are not in there yet, but if you have prior experience with some of the newer netgear units, its no different.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Netgear_WNDR4000

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
jpgoldberg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks. That's exactly what I needed.

I haven't yet dug into the flashing procedures. It's actually been ages since I've done anything like this, and I'm hoping the technology has improved from the tftp days. (But I'll check out the wiki and other docs carefully before playing with the router.)

Thanks again.

-j
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gimme a few and i'll do my best to add it in, its been some while for me to though with Broadcom based Netgear units - so don't have to high of hopes Wink

Edit: added flashing steps, will add more to it as i go along..

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: