TP-LINK TL-WDR4300 / TL-WR2543ND Donations Fundraiser !!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Metatron
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 15:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just filled up the ChipIn for the 4300.

Cheers, and good luck with the development!
Sponsor
checho
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 16:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you. Device has been ordered!

For some reason I was surprised with delivery on 20th of July because my local dealer has run out of stock. But don't worry I will confirm when device is sent to them. BrainSlayer is also aware of the awaiting gift Smile
checho
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 19:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have abandoned the chipin for TL-WR2543ND due to lack of interest. The other one has ended and as I said I am expecting delivery. Thanks to all participants.
faroukh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 23:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
@Metatron: Thanks for your donation, you obviously were the most generous donor between us all. Much appreciated.

@checho: Thanks for organizing the whole thing!

@DD-WRT: Many thanks in advance for porting DD-WRT to the WDR4300!

I just received my wdr4300 over the weekend (from BHphotovieo.com for the mentioned 80USD) and it works great. Definitely a fast device (I'm using a Synology NAS which now has approx 4 times faster DL/UL speed). But as MoxFulder wrote, we definitely need DD-WRT since the out of the box GUI is pretty limited.
I will try openWRT too in the meanwhile, as it seems it will take a couple of more weeks till we get DD-WRT.

cheers
faroukh
coalfield
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:01    Post subject: Re: TP-LINK TL-WDR4300 / TL-WR2543ND Donations Fundraiser !! Reply with quote
Does that include tax?! I thought tax is additional is US. In EU it's included.

rfischer1984 wrote:
I donated 5 dollars for the wdr4300..Just throwing this out there though, you know newegg has the wdr4300 for 89 bucks right?
I just ordered one from there.

checho wrote:
I have a good price list for tp-link routers. If we all are interested I may create chip in donation so that everybody may contribute. When the goal is reached I will buy the device(s) we have enough money for and I will send it to BrainSlayer for support development.

TL-WDR4300 N750 $105.34
TL-WR2543ND 450Mbps $88.11
faroukh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 17:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
For the US the right answer is: it depends.

The Sales tax is set by each state (e.g. Colorado has 7-9% depending on the good, while Oregon has 0%).

In general if you buy online you do not have to pay the sales tax. (e.g. newegg or amazon)

Good for the consumer, but it will kill local business in the long run...

cheers
faroukh
ryandigweed0
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
wow, congrats. Smile A nice little chip in event out here, and very usefull .. Smile Good luck with the development Smile
faroukh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
@checho

Is there any update on the procurement of the router?

Cheers
faroukh
checho
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
faroukh wrote:
@checho

Is there any update on the procurement of the router?

Cheers
faroukh

Yes! It was delivered on my desk yesterday afternoon.
It will go to post office in Monday so that I send it to BrainSlayer.
faroukh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 23:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
awesome. Thanks!
I hope Brainslayer is able to include the option for the hardware NAT acceleration. I love this machine for its blazing speed! OpenWRT doesn't support this...

Thanks!
cheers
faroukh
Cobra1582
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
HI, new to DD WRT so what kinda time frame are we looking at? My current dd wrt router which introduced me to dd wrt ( as buffalo) started getting problems thinking of sending it back
checho
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 16:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just left the device in the post office so that they deliver it to developers. To sum it up, the device cost exactly what Paypal transferred to me after their comissions. I paid 12 EUR postage total from the local distributor to me and then to Germany. So this is my donation for the project - postage and time Smile

It would take a week for the post to deliver the device to developers. After that it would be only them to say how much time they would need Smile
hceuterpe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 23:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
So we already have donations on the TL-WDR4300 device, and it's on its way overseas? Ooh I would have donated if this device came on my radar sooner! Smile

I want to ditch my Broadcom based router, but I was waiting for the longest time for an Atheros 3-stream dual band router.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 0:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
At the end of this review for it they state it is already supported by dd-wrt. Lol

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1983/5/
checho
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.bgpost.bg/IPSWebTracking/IPSWeb_item_events.asp?itemid=RI078358674BG&Submit=Submit

This is the tracking system of the post office. It shows where the package was last registered.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 7
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: