Can't connect to wireless printer on WDS network

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
camdecoster
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 21:48    Post subject: Can't connect to wireless printer on WDS network Reply with quote
I have two Netgear WNR834Bv2 routers hooked up in a WDS for my home network. I'm using the mini generic Brainslayer build 15962 on both routers. To accomplish this, I followed this guide:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/WDS_Linked_router_network#Setup_for_two_or_more_of_the_aforementioned_Broadcomcompatible_Routers

As far as I can tell, the WDS is working as I can connect to either router and get to the internet (and each router shows a connection to the other).

I have a Canon MP560 wireless printer connected to the network. On the Wireless Status page I can see the printer is connected and gets assigned an IP address. My printer confirms that it is connected to the network (the printer is currently restricted to connect to only one of the two AP's).

My issue is that I can't connect to the printer from my laptops (Windows 7 and Debian). When I ping the router, it's unreachable. Is there a setting I can change to fix this? I've looked around the web a little and can't find a solution. Any help would be much appreciated.
Sponsor
camdecoster
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
As a follow up, I never figured out how to fix this. I ended up changing from a WDS setup to a wireless repeater setup. The problem didn't occur with this setup. If anyone ever figures it out, please let me know.
sterlingh
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 3:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
While this topic is dated - I'm running into this issue as well. I have a Canon MG5220. My chipset is also Broadcom. I am running build 26854M (broadcomk3x) from the beta releases.

At my office, I have Atheros routers - also connected via wds - and also an Epson wireless printer. I do not have this issue there.
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 7:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
sterlingh wrote:
While this topic is dated - I'm running into this issue as well. I have a Canon MG5220. My chipset is also Broadcom. I am running build 26854M (broadcomk3x) from the beta releases.

At my office, I have Atheros routers - also connected via wds - and also an Epson wireless printer. I do not have this issue there.

Wasn't sure this affected other printers ....... but I've tried several different dd-wrt builds on many versions of WRT54Gvx.x -GSx.x as well as other broadcom devices with several HP network printers. They would all have connection loss within 24 hrs if connected to a WDS setup ... didn't matter if only locked to the primary WDS that is hardwired to main network.

You can bridge using other than WDS or in my case I just put in another router used as AP for printer connection.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: