Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 18:12 Post subject: DIR-615 version i1 get it running
I just picked up a new DIR-615 hw version i1 for my parents new router. I would like to get dd-wrt running on it. Looking inside, it has a AR9341-AL1A for its CPU, which appears to be supported. It has this flash chip W9425G6JH-5, which is 4M, so it should be enough. This being my parents router, and not my own, I would like some other opinions before I try flashing it with another firmware. Any thoughts? CPU is different than previous revisions, so I don't want to just throw a build from a previous version on there. Thanks in advance.
Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:25 Post subject: Worked for me!
here is the working I1 firmware
Thanks BrainSlayer!! Works on my brand-new D-Link DIR-615 i1.
I just applied the "dir615i1-factory-to-ddwrt-firmware.bin" firmware through the web interface. here is the process that worked for me:
0. Started with a factory new router that has never been configured.
1. Unplugged Internet.
2. Plugged in ethernet cable to DIR-615 (port1) and verified that I could obtain a dhcp lease from the DIR-615.
3. Opened Safari (using macbook pro) to the default router IP.
4. Authenticated; (Logged in with default authentication)
5. Went through the "manual setup" process to just get into the menu system.
6. Found the firmware update menu and selected the previously downloaded "dir615i1-factory-to-ddwrt-firmware.bin" from the post above.
7. Let the unit chew on this upload for approx. 8-10 minutes
8. I proceeded to pull the power plug,
9. Wait 10 seconds,
10. Pluged the power back in
11. Verified that I had a fresh dhcp lease from the dir-615/DD-WRT.
12. Logged into DD-WRT and assigned a new uid/pass.
13. Smiled that I don't own a shiny new brick.
I will post here if I run into any problems with it.
not sure what happened. after f/w install i was able to access router and finish setup. just when i thought it was connecting to the internet thru my original router i lost it. now i cant access the revised router with 18.104.22.168. any ideas?