Linksys E3200 Here - see page 2 for test build!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
barski
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can you guys give me a hand on going back to stock Linksys/Cisco Firmware? Can I flash over?

I always ran dd-wrt on my wrt54g and loved it. Thought I could live without the 5GHz band, but apparently not. Kinda unreal how nice it is now that I known how to utilize it.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsor
sturesur
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 16:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
barski wrote:
Can you guys give me a hand on going back to stock Linksys/Cisco Firmware? Can I flash over?

No frills - just flash stock FW - and be patient DO NOT interrupt.
ivlad
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 13:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,

I want to flash dd-wrt on my E3200, and I landed on the wiki page with instructions for doing so:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E3200

However, this step confuses me:

Quote:
6. Wait 10 minutes until WLAN (wireless) light turns on.

Because this model has no WLAN light, as far as I can see. So how will I know how long to wait?

I've seen in this thread that the power button has more functions: it blinks when flashing, and doesn't blink when the router is fully booted. Can I assume it will stop blinking when this step is complete?

Quote:
The power led is multi-functional. It blinks differently depending on what it is doing. Basically, blinks slowly when the router is booting or being flashed. It is solid when running, and blinks quickly when doing a wps setup.

Or will it definitely be safe to continue to the next step after 10 minutes?
whiteskinxjtu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware wrote:
instead of using the "upgrade" command, use the "flash" command:

cfe> nvram erase [enter]

cfe> flash -ctheader : flash1.trx [enter]

launch your tftp utility. flash the stock firmware. be fast. it will time out after it listens for the tftp flash 5 times.

when back at the cfe prompt after the flash is complete, power cycle the router.

EDIT: The router will boot two times, sometimes three after nvram is erased.

tried, but same result. thanks. Smile
wsteel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:30    Post subject: 5GHz on E3200 Reply with quote
Hello all,
Does anyone know if 5GHz will be supported on E3200 on future releases of DD-WRT?

Regards,
analog999
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Read. I think it has been said numerous times that the manufacturer hasn't released the drivers, and once they are, if they ever are, then probably.
Pharaoh
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Translated don't hold your breath waiting for 5ghz.

Fractal and the like would work on it but they lack the driver to do so.
callous
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 15:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pharaoh wrote:

Wasnt the 5ghz driver for the e2500 available? I thought it was said it's the same driver as the e3200
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 15:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
callous wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:

Wasnt the 5ghz driver for the e2500 available? I thought it was said it's the same driver as the e3200

it is the same driver.. that is why 5ghz does not work in either router Sad

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 15:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware wrote:
callous wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:

Looks hopeless then. Looks like I lost the bet and should have gotten the e3000
zzeuss
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 15:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
I recently got a E3200 and I was doing some testing. I noticed that in the build 19519(big) I cannot find the options to setup rflow. I looked up and down through the service tab and it's not there, I also checked around in other tabs but also missing, can anyone confirm this? On the features list it's present. Maybe it's missing on th gui and I can set it up via SSH?

Another thing I noticed was that I cannot manager the router with Fx 14.0.1 (save, apply and firmware upgrade don't work). I got it working with IE 9 but what is interesting when I connect through a different router:
PC->Wlan<-Router1->LAN<-E3200 I can use Fx to manage Smile

Holding my fingers crossed that Cisco or Broadcom will finally share the drivers.
Das_OSi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware wrote:
callous wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:

Sooner or later I'll need the 5GHz-Band.
What do you guys think, should I sit and wait or buy another Router?

callous
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 0:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finding out at this late stage there is no 5 ghz support, and very possibly never any for 3rd party firmware, I too am disappointed.

Using stock firmware, does this router have issues with bittorrent, as in does it need to be powered down every few weeks for medium to heavy usage?

Besides better QOS, what's different between stock and 3rd party like tomato (for e3000)?
jbr67
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:45    Post subject: Poor performance in N-mode, good in G-mode Reply with quote
First of all: thumbs up for the ddwrt project. I'm running 3 routers, all using ddwrt. I love it.

I just bought a new linksys 3200 router. After some digging i found out that the 5Ghz isnt supported (yet). Not a real big deal for me, since i can live with the 2.4Ghz band.

But.... i really get bad DOWNLOAD performance using wireless in N-only mode(tested on different systems, with either the speedtest app and/or speedtest online version). Upload is fine, but the download is about 1Mbps. I did some fiddling with the detailed parameters but no difference there. I also tried different channels (although there isnst much interference from other AP's) which also didnt help. I've tried the stable and the latest developers release. No difference.

Switchting to G-only DOES help, to my surprise. Straight away to 10M download (which is fine). Anyone having the same problems and found a solution for it?

Greetx,
Jos
downloaddeviant
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 23:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
callous wrote:

Using stock firmware, does this router have issues with bittorrent, as in does it need to be powered down every few weeks for medium to heavy usage?

For me, with and without stock firmware, this thing has been an animal with P2P files. I am a heavy torrent guy. My old WRT310 was hanging and glitching from my P2P stuff. As soon as I upgraded to this router, those troubles disappeared.

Now I need 5GHz so I was trying to find an e4200 v1 but all I can get is the v2 pieces of garbage. I bought an Asus RT-66U and it is coming this week. My e3200 is going to go on the shelf as a backup just in case.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 16 of 32
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: