New build (BS) 19519

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
kt_haddock
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 13:47    Post subject: New build (BS) 19519 Reply with quote
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2012/07-20-12-r19519/

This build thread is for reporting successes and problem with loading this experimental test build. This is important info for developers and users. Always state your hardware and SPECIFIC build. (eg: 19519_NEWD-2_K2.6_mega-nv64k.bin).Do not ask questions about your specific router or how to configure it in this thread; create your own thread to discuss any specific problems you have or need resolved. This thread is to report info, not to seek it. Posts that do not add to understanding this build will be deleted. Make sure you know how to flash properly and the risk before using this build. It is important to adhere to these requirements, to keep this thread from becoming impossibly long and useless. If you don't know what build to flash and how to flash properly, do NOT flash this experimental test build.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just flashed it and will see how it works. Till now i was on 18777 because 19342 was hanging my Linksys E4200. Will report my findings here, hopefully with positive comments...
lisaev
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 18:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Running it since this morning on linksys e4200. Thank you for this build.

There are several problems however:
1. Minor.
In advanced wifi settings the TX power was set to 100, while the dafault was listed as 71... Same applies to autoburner which was enabled by default.

2. Major.
I have enabled ssh access with both public keys and passwords. Password in webgui and ssh work for about an hour, and then I can't login anymore. In syslod I see that dropbear recieves an invalid root password, although the password IS correct. Webgui -- same story, can't get past sysinfo page.
Interestingly, cached passwords in the browser DO allow login via webgui. The ssh keys work OK.

Is there anyway I can debug the last problem?
RejZoR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 20:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
So far so good. At least it's not hanging my E4200 anymore...
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
V24_mega automount still broken in this build.

https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/2626

redhawk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
do: Razz

config your router (including restoring traff data).

backup your config..

via gui, restore to factory defaults..

now check you routers config.. Is everything default (no traff data, no overclock..)? Not here.. Traff data is present as well as my O/C (K24_std_nokiad, - TM with otrw & mypage).

I'll test k26 tomorrow but I do not expect it to be diff. (this problem has been around for a few builds, at least the last two.. three if you count Fractals compiles, which I have reported in the other build threads).

Looking for varification. I have also made a ticket in trac. I believe this is serious.. This is the cause of some routers bricking.

https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/2575

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 22:59    Post subject: ebtables on K2.4 builds is still broken Reply with quote
I am disappointed that ebtables has still not been fixed in K2.4 Broadcom builds. This has been broken since r18687. I fail to understand why these obvious problems are not fixed.

# ebtables -L
-sh: ebtables: Permission denied
# ls -al /usr/sbin/ebtables
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 0 Mar 19 05:10 /usr/sbin/ebtables
#

Tested using this image.
ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/07-20-12-r19519/broadcom/dd-wrt.v24_mega_generic.bin

https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/2419
Mangix
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware:

tested on a friend's wndr3300(K24) and on my E1000v2 and same result, the nvram does not get cleared unless telnet/ssh is used. funny as I thought this was only a K26 issue...
RejZoR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh for crying out loud, what was changed since the 18777 for my E4200 constantly hanging? Either it hangs completelly randomly or it hangs when i try to connect a wireless device. Be it laptop or android phone. Router just dies completelly.

18777 works flawlessly, every build since then, constant hanging. What the hell!?
edrikk
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Reset of NVRAM doesn't work fully as Barryware has repeatedly noted.
I checked on a 1043ND and even nvram erase , commit from telnet didn't do it! Only a 30 30 30!

All other methods after reboot ask for new username and pass, but things like multiple wireless VLAN stayed!

Not good, and it's been like this for at least two or three builds.

I know the 1043ND is Athers based but this is a common platform issue.

Ps: Also, wireless channel is manually set to 3, but GUI shows it as "Unknown"
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 16:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
edrikk wrote:
Reset of NVRAM doesn't work fully as Barryware has repeatedly noted.
I checked on a 1043ND and even nvram erase , commit from telnet didn't do it! Only a 30 30 30!

All other methods after reboot ask for new username and pass, but things like multiple wireless VLAN stayed!

Not good, and it's been like this for at least two or three builds.

I know the 1043ND is Athers based but this is a common platform issue.

Ps: Also, wireless channel is manually set to 3, but GUI shows it as "Unknown"

if you erase nvram via telnet or ssh, do not do a nvram commit.

erase nvram actually erases the sectors on the flash chip. nvram variables are still in ram. when you do an nvram commit, you are writing the variables from ram, right back to the flash chip.

so telnet, ssh, etc.. nvram erase, then reboot.. no nvram commit.

nvram erase via telnet does work here.. using gui.. or selecting to reset to default settings after the flash on the upgrade page, does not erase all of nvram.

it does ask to change password when you access the routers gui, but a lot of nvram is still intact (as reported).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 17:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
RT-N16, upgrade from 19342 -> 19519. PPTP still doesn't work. CPU still overloading when UPNP option enable)). Enable panic mode ?
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
this build FORMATTED my SD card.. Like a flippen idiot, I plugged in my backup card (thinking the 1st one took a crap) & IT DID IT AGAIN Twisted Evil

WTF!

Never got around to test K26 cuz I have been ALL DAY, trying to get this crap sorted out on my TM.

Last edited by barryware on Sun Jul 22, 2012 14:37; edited 1 time in total
okaegi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
* mini - build 19519 (nv64) works with wndr4000, I was not able to load mega or big built, update failed
* micro - build 19519 works with WG602V3
* mini - build 19519 works with wndr3300
Mangix
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 23:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
one thing i noticed was that the K24 std_generic build no longer includes IPv6 support. Shame as that's probably the biggest build that can fit on a wndr3300.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: