USB 3.0 storage 3TB Western Digital w/ wrt610n

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
tembares
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 10 Jul 2012
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:15    Post subject: Problem "solved" Reply with quote
I think I bricked my wrt610n when I flashed from 14896 to 14949.
It is not responding anymore.
I tried tftp, but that gives me a transfer timeout.
Suggestions?
Sponsor
slobodan
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 03 Nov 2011
Posts: 1223
Location: Zwolle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 15:43    Post subject: Re: Problem "solved" Reply with quote
tembares wrote:
I think I bricked my wrt610n when I flashed from 14896 to 14949.
It is not responding anymore.
I tried tftp, but that gives me a transfer timeout.
Suggestions?

If it is a V2 and you have flashed a K24 build, it is bricked. If you would have flashed a proper K26 build, it would have worked on both versions. Read the Peacock announcement.

You should describe its symptoms, e.g. power LED blinking, the LEDs of LAN ports with attached computers are green/blue, etc.

Set a static IP and try to ping 192.168.1.1

_________________
Asus RT-N16 running Merlin (latest), formerly used Kong 22000++ kingkong-nv32k-broadcom with OTRW2

E4200 V1 running Kong 22000++ kingkong-nv60k-broadcom with OTRW2

2 times Linksys WRT610N V2 converted to E3000 running Kong 22000++ usb-ftp-samba3-dlna-nv60k-broadcom with OTRW2 (bridged with LAN cable)


tembares
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 10 Jul 2012
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
The nice thing about that something goes wrong is that you learn so much about the product. It's fixed again, after some hours of work.
But the 14949 does not have the USB storage option. Can I flash the big or mega generic firmware over it?
Do I understand that the mini firmware is the fundament for dd-wrt and the big and mega is a sort of add-on?

Thank you for your reply!
slobodan
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 03 Nov 2011
Posts: 1223
Location: Zwolle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 14:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
tembares wrote:
The nice thing about that something goes wrong is that you learn so much about the product. It's fixed again, after some hours of work.
But the 14949 does not have the USB storage option. Can I flash the big or mega generic firmware over it?
Do I understand that the mini firmware is the fundament for dd-wrt and the big and mega is a sort of add-on?

Thank you for your reply!

I think that a mini is a very basic (small) firmware. Use mega/big unless you need flash memory for jffs storage. mega/big have all the needed options/apps, such as USB support (both builds) and NTFS support (big only), see e.g. here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/What_is_DD-WRT%3F#V24_pre_sp2_K26

_________________
Asus RT-N16 running Merlin (latest), formerly used Kong 22000++ kingkong-nv32k-broadcom with OTRW2

E4200 V1 running Kong 22000++ kingkong-nv60k-broadcom with OTRW2

2 times Linksys WRT610N V2 converted to E3000 running Kong 22000++ usb-ftp-samba3-dlna-nv60k-broadcom with OTRW2 (bridged with LAN cable)


tembares
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 10 Jul 2012
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 14:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Of there was a thank you meter, than you had 1 thank you more than an hour ago!
So let me say it to you:
THANK YOU

Ramin
tembares
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 10 Jul 2012
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
I searched for the 14949 big build. I came on this site: ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2010/08-12-10-r14929/broadcom_K26/

There I saw ...big.bin (ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2010/08-12-10-r14929/broadcom_K26/dd-wrt.v24-14929_NEWD-2_K2.6_big.bin)

Can I use this one to get from mini to big?

Thank you in advance,
Ramin
slobodan
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 03 Nov 2011
Posts: 1223
Location: Zwolle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
tembares wrote:
I searched for the 14949 big build. I came on this site: ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2010/08-12-10-r14929/broadcom_K26/

There I saw ...big.bin (ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2010/08-12-10-r14929/broadcom_K26/dd-wrt.v24-14929_NEWD-2_K2.6_big.bin)

Can I use this one to get from mini to big?

Thank you in advance,
Ramin

Yes, that's the good build, since both versions of the router support it. But first read the Peacock announcement and for flashing follow the wiki.

_________________
Asus RT-N16 running Merlin (latest), formerly used Kong 22000++ kingkong-nv32k-broadcom with OTRW2

E4200 V1 running Kong 22000++ kingkong-nv60k-broadcom with OTRW2

2 times Linksys WRT610N V2 converted to E3000 running Kong 22000++ usb-ftp-samba3-dlna-nv60k-broadcom with OTRW2 (bridged with LAN cable)


tembares
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 10 Jul 2012
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Downloaded and flashed the BIG-firmware, but it says it is the mega-version.
Just a mistake of the developer or is it really the MEGA-version? How can I find out?

Still have the problem that my partitions doesn't mount. I have a DOS/MBR partition map and I shrinked the partitions not bigger than 2TB.

Anyone a clue?
slobodan
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 03 Nov 2011
Posts: 1223
Location: Zwolle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 21:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
tembares wrote:
Downloaded and flashed the BIG-firmware, but it says it is the mega-version.
Just a mistake of the developer or is it really the MEGA-version? How can I find out?

Still have the problem that my partitions doesn't mount. I have a DOS/MBR partition map and I shrinked the partitions not bigger than 2TB.

Anyone a clue?

No, it is not a mistake, in build 14929 there was yet no difference between mega and big. Only in later versions they are different.

I don't know how you could have partitions 2 TB large in MBR, since it only supports 2 TB in total.

If you format them as ext3, they will work faster than NTFS.

_________________
Asus RT-N16 running Merlin (latest), formerly used Kong 22000++ kingkong-nv32k-broadcom with OTRW2

E4200 V1 running Kong 22000++ kingkong-nv60k-broadcom with OTRW2

2 times Linksys WRT610N V2 converted to E3000 running Kong 22000++ usb-ftp-samba3-dlna-nv60k-broadcom with OTRW2 (bridged with LAN cable)




Last edited by slobodan on Thu Jul 26, 2012 21:26; edited 1 time in total
tembares
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 10 Jul 2012
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Suggestion how to proceed with automounting Optware at /opt and mounting the other partition at /mnt?
slobodan
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 03 Nov 2011
Posts: 1223
Location: Zwolle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
tembares wrote:
Suggestion how to proceed with automounting Optware at /opt and mounting the other partition at /mnt?

I think (I am not sure) that Optware needs ext2 or ext3. About mounting the partition, you could mount the first partition as /opt (the router does that by default if you select /opt as the mount point) and Optware will start automatically, after installation. The other partitions will be mounted by an Optware service. Basmaf's server has gone offline so you should install the old OTRW package. More on http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Optware,_the_Right_Way

Later edit: Basmaf's server is online again.

_________________
Asus RT-N16 running Merlin (latest), formerly used Kong 22000++ kingkong-nv32k-broadcom with OTRW2

E4200 V1 running Kong 22000++ kingkong-nv60k-broadcom with OTRW2

2 times Linksys WRT610N V2 converted to E3000 running Kong 22000++ usb-ftp-samba3-dlna-nv60k-broadcom with OTRW2 (bridged with LAN cable)


tembares
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 10 Jul 2012
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Code:
Core USB Support=Enable
USB 1.1 Support (UHCI)=Disable
USB 1.1 Support (OHCI)=Disable
USB 2.0 Support=Enable
USB Printer Support=Disable
USB Storage Support=Enable
ext2 / ext3 File System Support=Enable
FAT File System Support=Enable
Automatic Drive Mount=Enable
Run-on-mount Script Name=mount -o noatime -t ext3 /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part 1 /opt
Disk Mount Point=opt

Mounting does not happen, with or without the Run-on-mount Script Name.

Somewhere I thought you can format a partition and point it to ..., for example / (root). Is it an option to format it and point it to /opt (if possible)? I am in GParted now, but cannot find how to point the partition to /opt. Any sugestions?
slobodan
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 03 Nov 2011
Posts: 1223
Location: Zwolle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 16:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
tembares wrote:
Code:
Core USB Support=Enable
USB 1.1 Support (UHCI)=Disable
USB 1.1 Support (OHCI)=Disable
USB 2.0 Support=Enable
USB Printer Support=Disable
USB Storage Support=Enable
ext2 / ext3 File System Support=Enable
FAT File System Support=Enable
Automatic Drive Mount=Enable
Run-on-mount Script Name=mount -o noatime -t ext3 /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part 1 /opt
Disk Mount Point=opt

Mounting does not happen, with or without the Run-on-mount Script Name.

Somewhere I thought you can format a partition and point it to ..., for example / (root). Is it an option to format it and point it to /opt (if possible)? I am in GParted now, but cannot find how to point the partition to /opt. Any sugestions?

You just create and ext3 partition with some label (e.g. Optware) and you set inside the router's GUI to mount it under /opt (first partition of the hard disk will be mounted under /opt).

_________________
Asus RT-N16 running Merlin (latest), formerly used Kong 22000++ kingkong-nv32k-broadcom with OTRW2

E4200 V1 running Kong 22000++ kingkong-nv60k-broadcom with OTRW2

2 times Linksys WRT610N V2 converted to E3000 running Kong 22000++ usb-ftp-samba3-dlna-nv60k-broadcom with OTRW2 (bridged with LAN cable)


madman999
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 11 Jun 2012
Posts: 814

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 17:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
if you are using a flashdisk for your optware partition, you should format it to ext2 to save it from excessive wear and tear due to the journaling writes.
tembares
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 10 Jul 2012
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 17:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Let met summarize everything:
- I have a WRT610n, build 14929 mega (downloaded as big).
- I have a WD 3TB USB3 Hard drive.

The hard drive is partitioned as follows:
- DOS/MBR;
- part1: 256MB as ext3;
- part2: 256MB as Linux Swap;
- part3: 1.91TB at ext3;
- part4: 840.86GB at ext3.

On part1 Optware is installed.

The settings on the WRT610n are (Service->USB):
- Core USB Support as enabled;
- USB 1.1 Support as disabled;
- USB 2.0 Support as enabled;
- USB printer supprt as disabled;
- USB storage support as enabled;
- ext2 / ext3 file system support as enabled;
- FAT file system support as enabled;
- Automatic drive mount as enabled;
- Run-on-Mount script name as mount -o noatime -t ext3 /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 /opt
- Disk mount point as /opt

Disk info states:
Code:

--- /dev/discs/disc0/disc
Block device, size 746.5 GiB (801535688704 bytes)
DOS/MBR partition map
Partition 1: 32 MiB (33554432 bytes, 65536 sectors from 256)
Type 0x83 (Linux)
Partition 2: 32 MiB (33554432 bytes, 65536 sectors from 65792)
Type 0x82 (Linux swap / Solaris)
Partition 3: 244.1 GiB (262144000000 bytes, 512000000 sectors from 131328)
Type 0x83 (Linux)
Partition 4: 105.1 GiB (112858628096 bytes, 220427008 sectors from 512131328)
Type 0x83 (Linux)
Status: Not mounted - Unsupported file system or disk not formated


This does not mount the drive automatically.
Are there anymore settings which can have an effect on this misbehaviour Smile
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum