What should I buy?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Search & Find, Sales & Offers
tolls101
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 14:13    Post subject: What should I buy? Reply with quote
Hey All,

I am in the market for another router. I currently have a D-Link DIR-655 that cannot run dd-wrt. I really like the DIR-655 but I can not create VPN tunnels through the router, can not flash the FW, and not it restarts itself when there is high traffic flowing through it.

I am looking for a WAP/router that has external antennas, gig ethernet ports, dd-wrt compatible, and can support 802.11n wireless connections.

Cost isn't much of an issue and I don't care about the brand either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 0:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes but you mentioned VPN, do you plan on using this unit for VPN? Because if you do, you'll most likely want a router with more NVRAM, which will limit your choices tremendously.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
tolls101
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 14:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
I ended up going with the Asus RT-N16. I have a bit of a hate for Asus products but it got good reviews and 128MB of RAM 32MB of flash memory might do the trick.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 14:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
The RT-N16 is a decent router, i have one of them myself, but it still has the 32k NVRAM limitation that many routers face.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
mochoandre
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
routerboards like the RB435G are nice routers.
Ericeira Surf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Search & Find, Sales & Offers All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: