DIR 601 Wireless Repeater Setup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods
bman3k
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:48    Post subject: DIR 601 Wireless Repeater Setup Reply with quote
I followed this guide:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/3785-how-to-convert-a-second-router-into-a-wireless-bridge/

To set up my old router as a wireless repeater, but I messed up at some step and it does not work.

Here is a run down of my current situation:
I successfully installed the DDWRT FW onto my router
I was able to access the router settings at 192.168.1.1

However my primary router's IP was also 192.168.1.1, but I forgot this so when I turned my wireless back I was not able to see the repeater's broadcast. I tried changing the IP of the repeater (Change Adapter Settings -> Local Area Connection), but it didn't work. And now I can no longer access the repeater router's settings, even if I change the IP back to 192.168.1.1 and turn off wireless.

So I am kind of stuck here and I don't know how to proceed.

I tried searching the forums and google, but my knowledge is very limited on this topic so I did not find results with the vocabulary I know for this topic.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: