DIR-615 H2 or DIR-615 H1

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
master.of.desaster
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 16:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello
I am New and i have the D-Link DIR-615 (HW: H1 FW: 8.01DE)
So I downloaded both files, the dlink-dir615h-factory-webflash and dir615h-ddwrt-webflash (build 19519).
Next I flashed dlink-dir615h-factory-webflash within the old original D-link-FW (8.01DE).
After Flashing and resetting the Router I retry to flash with dir615h-ddwrt-webflash, but this won't work and ends with an failure Sad
Now What can I do or is it still necessary to flash dir615h-ddwrt-webflash?

What is the diffent between dir615h-ddwrt-webflash and dlink-dir615h-factory-webflash?
Sponsor
SmasherDK
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
master.of.desaster wrote:
Hello
I am New and i have the D-Link DIR-615 (HW: H1 FW: 8.01DE)
So I downloaded both files, the dlink-dir615h-factory-webflash and dir615h-ddwrt-webflash (build 19519).
Next I flashed dlink-dir615h-factory-webflash within the old original D-link-FW (8.01DE).
After Flashing and resetting the Router I retry to flash with dir615h-ddwrt-webflash, but this won't work and ends with an failure Sad
Now What can I do or is it still necessary to flash dir615h-ddwrt-webflash?

What is the diffent between dir615h-ddwrt-webflash and dlink-dir615h-factory-webflash?

The file with "factory" name is for flashing from ORIGINAL firmware to dd-wrt.
So you should not flash the other file after you have flashed : dlink-dir615h-factory-webflash

The next time a new firmware comes out, you just flash the file WITHOUT factory in it's name (for upgrading firmware)

See this post : http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=13599.0
Scroll down to How do I install DD-WRT?
Billy.B0b
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 14:17    Post subject: THANKS! Reply with quote
dd-wrt works great on my dir-615 rev. h1!
I'm using the device as an access point only (no routing).

Many thanks to the dd-wrt guys!
Jujstme
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 15:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
dd-wrt works perfectly with my DIR-615 H1. Thank you guys!
The only problem is that the wifi data rate is stuck on 72bpsa or 150mbps and I'm unable to get 300mbps even by setting 40mhz channel width.
wombeat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi there - I also have the DIR-615 H1 and want to use dd-wrt.
But I'm a bit confused how to install it. Should I do this 30-30-30 reset or just flash the 'factory' version on the router via the gui? And should I rename it before for the right version? (I just read so much about dd-wrt and every second sentence was 'this could brick your router' - so I'm a bit cautious ...)
And how could I install the original version of d-link again, if I want to go back?

And one last thing: I would like to use the wps button to turn on and off wifi.
Should I adjust the file I flash to the router before or can I do this configuration afterwards with the gui of dd-wrt?

thanks a lot!
SmasherDK
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
wombeat wrote:
hi there - I also have the DIR-615 H1 and want to use dd-wrt.
But I'm a bit confused how to install it. Should I do this 30-30-30 reset or just flash the 'factory' version on the router via the gui? And should I rename it before for the right version? (I just read so much about dd-wrt and every second sentence was 'this could brick your router' - so I'm a bit cautious ...)
And how could I install the original version of d-link again, if I want to go back?

And one last thing: I would like to use the wps button to turn on and off wifi.
Should I adjust the file I flash to the router before or can I do this configuration afterwards with the gui of dd-wrt?

thanks a lot!

See this post : http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=13599.0
Scroll down to How do I install DD-WRT?
Jujstme
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Jujstme wrote:
dd-wrt works perfectly with my DIR-615 H1. Thank you guys!
The only problem is that the wifi data rate is stuck on 72bpsa or 150mbps and I'm unable to get 300mbps even by setting 40mhz channel width.

As remarked in another thread, the problem is easily solved by opening the administration interface and entering these commands:
Code:
iwpriv ra0 set HtTxStream=2
iwpriv ra0 set HtRxStream=2
iwpriv ra0 set HtBssCoexApCntThr=10

Is there any way to make these commands be executed each time the network is reinitialized?
nimmer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 19:55    Post subject: Repeater Bridge? Reply with quote
Hi,

I'm trying to get Repeater Bridge working on a H2, but it doesn't seems to work. Has anyone got it to work yet?

please help

nimmer
danny2001k
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:28    Post subject: About ARP and WoL Reply with quote
Hello,

I have a H1 version of this router and installed the last DD-WRT.

I am trying to set up a Wakeup on Lan via Internet.

I managed to get it working but the static arp is deleted after a while.

What I mean is:
I connect to the router via ssh, run the command for adding a static ARP (my pc has a reservation fo that ip):
Code:
arp -i br0 -s 192.168.1.101 FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF

I can wake up online my PC. But after a while the static ARP I added gets deleted and I have to add it again. Is this how it should work? Shouldn't it permanent?

Danny
Jujstme
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 13:01    Post subject: Re: Repeater Bridge? Reply with quote
nimmer wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to get Repeater Bridge working on a H2, but it doesn't seems to work. Has anyone got it to work yet?

please help

nimmer

Repeater Bridge works fine with my H1.

However I cannot link two dir-615 together. They have the same HW revision and the same version of dd-wrt. I suspect the problem is due to the fact that the routers have exactly the same mac addresses for WAN, LAN and WLAN. Is there any way to manually change the mac address with dd-wrt?
credinho
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 18:44    Post subject: Re: Repeater Bridge? Reply with quote
nimmer wrote:
Hi,

please help

nimmer

Same problem here! I've just bought one of this, Ver H2 and it seams that there is no way to get working on repeater bridge mode!?!?!?
innovine
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 19:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,
Im trying to get ANY firmware flashed onto my dir-615 h2 but it doesnt seem to work. I got it fresh from the box and tried to install the dd-wrt factory version, but it completed 100% and nothing else seemed to happen (nothing in the web browser, accessing 0.1 again just failed). If I boot it up, I dont get a web page from it...

I can do the factory reset and get a web page, and flash (Ive tried the factory, the dd-wrt and what i believe is original d-link fw8.03 for h2 which I found in another thread here in this forum) and all of these seem to flash ok (up to 100%) and after that, the router does not serve the admin page on either 0.1 or 1.1 it just stays with the power light orange, and the ethernet port lit green..

any advice would be really appreciated!
I never ran the CD that came with it, since I am on osx. Would that be advised? Smile

EDIT: I noticed the following: If I flash it with the dd-wrt factory bin, when it boots up the power is first orange and the ethernet green, then after about 10 seconds the power goes to a steady green, the wan light is orange, the wireless light comes on for a second and then all the lights go off and the process repeats.

If I flash it with the so-called factory firmware (which i am now not so sure of), it only gets to an orange power led and a green ethernet led, and does nothing after that.... so from this info I am thinking that the firmware is actually getting changed.. so why doesnt it start up properly?
ves1820
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,
is it possible to have SNMP Service on the DIR-615H2 ?
I use nedi to monitor my AP's
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
ves1820 wrote:
Hi,
is it possible to have SNMP Service on the DIR-615H2 ?
I use nedi to monitor my AP's

No, 615H1 is a router with limited amount of flash, no space for SNMP.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 13:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
I know the limitations... so i copied a snmpd from a DIR300 via wget to the /tmp folder and got it running.

It would be no problem to do this with a startup-script, but the snmpd only runs if i do no forking and the -f option is not possible with this script.

Without the non-fork options the program runs but snmpwalk does not get a response.

EDIT:
It is running now - after creation of the /var/snmp folder and copying the snmpd.conf file over there.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19, 20, 21  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 21
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: