TP-LINK TL-WR740N v4

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
pawel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, could anyone confirm whether overriding MAC address works ok in wireless client mode? (it is crucial that other AP shows overriden MAC - not just DDWRT GUI)
Sponsor
tingu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 17:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
predator666 Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:17 pm Post subject: Client bridge DLNA issue
Hello all,
I am using the TP-Link WR740N 4.0 as a client bridge connected to a D-Link DIR-645. Firmware is 07-20-12-r19519 (also tried older ones).

Connected to the WR740N is a Blue Ray Media Player. Internet access works fine on the Media Player.

Connected to the DIR-645 is a DLNA server. The media player does not find it however. UPNP is enabled on all devices. Firewall is disabled.

When connecting my Android smartphone to the DIR-645 via WLAN media streaming works fine. Also when connecting the Media player directly with a LAN-cable to the DIR-645 streaming works on the media player.

So it must be an issue with the client bridge.

It seems to be the same issue as described here
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=697414

It was solved by downgrading to build 17201. But this build is not available for TP-Link WR740N 4.0.

What can I do?

Many thanks!!

This is the same problem I am facing and have been searching a solution for this. If some can help, then it will benifit everyone here who faces this problem.
leetz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a bit older firmware. Is it worth updating it to the latest one (r19519). Here is my current firmware.
Code:
Router Model TP-Link TL-WR740N v4.2
Firmware Version DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/19/12) std - build 18777

I don't need Lan-Lan ports or wep password. Is with any of the newer firmware possible to enable turbo mode or increase TX Power?

P.S. Are there other ways of increasing router range and signal.
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 17:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
for reference.

bugfixed uboot for AR9331 fixing:
Quote:
Fixed the bug that LAN side client may get the IP address from WAN side;

Inofs:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/TP-Link_AR9331_UBoot_Fix

THX LOM fro extracting!

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 15:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Flashed last dd-wrt. All was okay, but ppoe settings were making device unstable, no web-interface appeared after ppoe applied. After all, tryed to flash previous build and voila, router=brick. (stuck on start). Will wait for unbrick solutions. If someone can help, please post there.
hababu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 17:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,

i just got a WR740N v4.21 - which DD-WRT should I use?
Please help me Confused

Sorry for my english.

Best regards,
hababu

Edit: I have found the version 201206-08-12-r19342 - there are two files - where can I find a "How to"?
THX.

Edit 2: I flashed it: First with File factory-to-ddwrt.bin and after that with file tl-wr740nv4-webflash.bin
Everythings seems to be ok.
dabyd64
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you are using the original firmware, flash the factory-to-ddwrt version through the web interface.

After the flashing, wait until you see the "ddwrt" wireless network, then the router will have been sucessfully flashed and booted with the new firmware.

I recommend you to do a factory reset, to ensure a clean installation, by doing this:
Get a clip or something thin and press the reset button near the power switch, for 10 seconds, then release.
The router will erase the settings and reboot, then you will be ready to do whatever you want.

The version you're mentioning is old, check the newest r19519:
http://dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=others%2Feko%2FBrainSlayer-V24-preSP2%2F2012%2F07-20-12-r19519%2Ftplink_tl-wr740nv4%2F

Regards
Xilav
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:36    Post subject: Re: No coonection with Virtual AP Reply with quote
machiyara wrote:

But on V4.22 although Client Bridging works and Virtual AP can also be made but no device can cannot to the Virtual AP.

I have the 4.22 too and I'm experiencing the same issue. There is no way to connect to the Virtual WLAN port even with security disabled. Neither my windows PCs nor Android and iPad can connevt to the SSID created by the VAP.
Do anyone knows if there is such a workaround to have this working? If not, do you know if OpenWrt can solve my issue?
numerci
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 16:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Use an older version of DD-WRT. Like 18777. No problems with the VAP there.
mttaaa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok nvm someone helped me Very Happy

Last edited by mttaaa on Thu Aug 30, 2012 0:00; edited 1 time in total
Xilav
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
numerci wrote:
Use an older version of DD-WRT. Like 18777. No problems with the VAP there.

Thank you very much! I've downgraded my 4.22hw to 18777 and now is working like a charm! (I'm posting this topic connected to my WR740N on dd-wrt as WLAN repeater) Very Happy
mttaaa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guys I have one question, in tp-link firmware the QSS LED on WR740n v4.2 wasn't on, but on dd-wrt firmware it's still on why ? Does it means something else as QSS ?

Also the system LED is off.

Can someone tell me also why in dd-wrt firmware utorrent opens so much active connections 100% that I can't webbrowsing ? I changed many options in utorrent but it didn't help. On Tp-link firmware everything works fine. I unfortunately had to revert it Sad
lethalfang
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:11    Post subject: Client bridge Reply with quote
I just flashed it (WR740N v4.23) with revision 18777 and made it into a client bridge.
Mostly works, but a few peculiarities.

I can connect to the Client Bridge wirelessly after creating the Virtual Interface, and can connect to the in internet.

Peculiarities:
1) If I simply use the ethernet wire to connect to the Client Bridge, no internet.
2) I can only access the GUI webpage of the Client Bridge if I am connected to it. In other words, I cannot go to the C-B's GUI from a computer connected to the main gateway. Same with SSH. I can't SSH it from a computer connected to the gateway, although I can ping it from the gateway.
3) The load average is unusually high, around 0.30 to 0.50. I'm afraid that'll eventually give me issues. However, if I SSH into it, and see the process with the "top" command, I do not see anything with more than 1% CPU. The CPU is supposedly more than 90% idle, but I don't know where the "load average" is so high. What exactly is going on there?

All in all, for the things I really need working, they work, but not exactly perfectly.
dabyd64
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 15:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Don't expect anybody to respond to that questions, look at the last messages of this topic and you'll see what I'm talking about.

In openwrt, also bridged, I get 0.01 peak when idle.
Surfing, viewing Youtube videos, while downloading some files at 8-10Mbit/s in the background, I get peak of 0.15. A third from your when idle Razz.
Stressing it a bit with an IP Scanner and 150 concurrent connections while still downloading and viewing Youtube gave me a peak of 0.90.
Try it man!
lethalfang
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 18:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
dabyd64 wrote:
Don't expect anybody to respond to that questions, look at the last messages of this topic and you'll see what I'm talking about.

In openwrt, also bridged, I get 0.01 peak when idle.
Surfing, viewing Youtube videos, while downloading some files at 8-10Mbit/s in the background, I get peak of 0.15. A third from your when idle Razz.
Stressing it a bit with an IP Scanner and 150 concurrent connections while still downloading and viewing Youtube gave me a peak of 0.90.
Try it man!

I'm kinda puzzled that "top" command does not show any process with high CPU usage, but load average is still about 0.4 to 0.5.
Anyway, I got this router by mistake (tried to cancel NewEgg order but couldn't, and didn't want to bother with returns), so I don't mind experimenting stuff on it.
I've flashed quite a few routers with dd-wrt, but never with OpenWRT. Is it simply like upgrading a dd-wrt? Simple webflash and stuff?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 50, 51, 52  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 23 of 52
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: