IP Issues with Repeater Bridge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
paulthehanna
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:14    Post subject: IP Issues with Repeater Bridge Reply with quote
Hi there, this is my first post, so I hope I'm not transgressing any of the rules.

Background Info
I am having a few issues, this is my network:

[Primary]------------[Secondary Netgear WRT54G V 3.1]
[Access]
[Point]
[Secondary]
[Linksys E3200 V1]+++(optional ethernet to PC)

The two secondary routers are connected via DD-WRT Repeater Bridge (wireless).
The firmware versions:
Netgear WRT54G = BS V24 preSP2 14929 [STD]
Linksys E3200 = NEWD k26 NV60K 19342 [MEGA]

The problem:
So I set these two routers in Repeater Bridge mode, following the wiki. After applying the last changes, neither router was sending it's respective gateway IP address.

In other words, I could no longer access either router by typing the IP address in an address bar. A quick ipconfig gives the gateway of the primary AP. I can't even access this one, it just times out.

Furthermore, I'm getting general instability; while running network intensive tasks such as online gaming, the network will cut out twice an hour (when connected to either the Netgear or Linksys routers).

Last issue: There are IP address conflicts with all systems connected to either DD-WRT router; I get a message in windows, and the network cuts off.

I realise that I can probably access DD-WRT by doing a hard reset on either router, and may gain better stability with earlier recommended builds, but I have no idea about the Repeater bridge.
Also since the network is used heavily throughout the day, I wanted a full plan of action before making changes.

Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsor
paulthehanna
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:07    Post subject: Bump Reply with quote
Anyone gander a guess?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: