Nanostation M2 Cannot install DD-WRT

Andrew.Bufkin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:54    Post subject: Nanostation M2 Cannot install DD-WRT Reply with quote
I have tried to install DD-WRT on to my Nanostation M2 and the tftp acts like the upload worked,

I set the device in configuration mode,

I use tftp -i 192.168.1.20 put NS2M-DD-WRT.bin

(here is where the upload reports successful)

Then my lights continue to blink as if still in config mode (this does not happen when flashing back to AirOS.)

While watching my command line the pings will come in at 3000+ ms and then back to <1 and then time out and will rotate like that for hours. I try to power cycle at this point and once the device reboots I am unable to ping it at 192.168.1.20 or 192.168.1.1.

I have gone through the forums and downloaded all the versions that I can find in hopes that this is the issue, however still now luck. I have my professional license ready to go, if you could please fill me in on the step that I am leaving out.

Thanks,

Andrew Bufkin

Last edited by Andrew.Bufkin on Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:26; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
read my ppost (correct me if im wrong) youll find the solution there....you need to install the newest bin...
Andrew.Bufkin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Great, thank you I swore I read everything I could find. It's 1 am now but I'll try it tomorrow when I get back in the office and let you guys know.

Thanks again for the quick response.

-Drew
Andrew.Bufkin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 17:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Still isn't working, it does the same successful transfer from airOS 5.5 to the ddwrt version located here

ftp://www.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/06-08-12-r19342/ubnt_NanoStation_m2/

AirOS works just fine, once I load ddwrt the lights continue to flash until I wait the 7 minutes and power cycle. Once I power cycle the device boots up and no longer cannot be pinged at 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.20.

There must be something I am missing since it looks like so many have gotten it to work, any ideas?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
do you have an m2 or a loco m2? if is a loco m2 then you are choosing wrong firmware...
Andrew.Bufkin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 14:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a Nanostaion M2, I ended up flashing back to the original firmware and just using an openmesh router to provide the splash page the customer needed. I can't imagine that I was doing anything wrong, myself and another tech both worked on this and had the same results.

Thanks for the help anyway,

-Drew
MHLV
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 0:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thought this might help others as I have been pulling out my hair trying to get DD-WRT on my Nanostation M2. After repeatly trying the suggested firmware in the router database NS2M-DD-WRT.bin could not get it to load ever.
I then tried firmware in the under other downloads › others › eko › BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2 › 2012 › 03-08-12-r18767 › ubnt_NanoStation_m2 This did load, I could connect in client mode to my home AP but couldn't get other clients to connect to my virtual Interface on my M2.
So finally I thought I would give the Nano Loco M2 beta firmware a try. So far 24 hour in it's working great. Connecting 2 laptops, 2 Android Phones and 1 Android Tablet to Virutal Interface. Me Happy NOW.
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
nobody asked him what airos is installed!
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 0:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
My Nano M2 is V5.3.5
Tried all the newest airos upgrades on my Verison V5.3.5 M2 and also tried the V5.5 and V5.5.2 updates.
All 3 airos firmware updates worked on my M2
None would allow dd-wrt Nanostation M2 beta builds to load.
Only "Loco M2" beta loads and works on my "M2".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ubiquiti Devices All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: