Asus RT-N53

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
ishare
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 19:11    Post subject: Asus RT-N53 Reply with quote
Ok, I have done allot of searching and could not find info directly related to this pacific model. So I am posting hoping to get some sort of resolution to a problem I am having with this router.
Router info;
make and model, Asus RT-N53
firmware version, DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/07/12) mini - build 18946M NEWD-2 K2.6 Eko
CPU, Broadcom BCM5357 chip rev 1
500mhz
Total memory, 32768 kB
Space Usage
NVRAM
20.66 KB / 32 KB
My Problem,
I can connect via wireless showing DHCP enabled under connection status. I can connect with static IP via wired Lan, but no network access and DHCP is not enabled under connection status. I cannot access router via wired lan connection even though I have a static IP and it shows bytes sent and received under connection status.
Now I purchased this router in this current condition. Is this related to being the wrong firmware for this router, and if so could I get a recommendation for the correct firmware. Or is this a problem with editing through the "telnet" ??
If this is a firmware problem the only way I would be able to upload to the router is via wireless connection. I feel this is a pretty risky method but can be done as long as you don't lose connection during upload. This would not be that big of a deal except that I won't be using the wireless feature in my network setup, I need the wired ports to work. I will be using this router as a VPN client between my DSL router/modem and the rest of my network and I need the 10/100/1000 connection as I have upgraded to gigabit wired network.
Any and all help will be very much appreciated.
Thanx in advance.
Sponsor
Z-Gradt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Are you still trying to get it to work? The older DD-WRT builds have the WAN port swapped on that model. Plug your internet connection into the 1st LAN port and it should solve your problem.

If you can't access it on the wired LAN with a static IP, you might be on different subnets. Or you might be plugged into the 1st LAN port, which as stated previously, is actually the WAN port. That's probably the case, since DHCP should work on the LAN if it works on the wireless connection.

Also, this model only has 100mbit ethernet, but that should be fine for a VPN server, since the processor will only support sub-10mbit encrypted connections.

Z
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: