D-Link DIR-615 VLAN Tagging

lavinpj1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 16:59    Post subject: D-Link DIR-615 VLAN Tagging Reply with quote
I'm really struggling to get this to work on DD-WRT v24-sp2 (11/21/10) std (SVN revision 15778).

It's a D-Link DIR-615 with the WAN port assigned to the switch via the UI.

There isn't a link to the VLAN page but I've found it at /Vlan.asp. I can see the W port and ports 1-4. I enable tagging on W but the AP continues to be reachable. Enabling tagging on the switch port the AP is connected to stops the AP being reachable.

How is this supposed to work? :S
Sponsor
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's hidden for a reason, only Broadcom based models can use that page. You might be able to use software tagging on the Networking page to accomplish your goals but it will only enable tagging on an interface - you won't be able to separate LAN ports. This method may or may not work, I've had mixed results with it but haven't explored it much as I mostly have Broadcom hardware.

Some bug tickets and things in the source have lead me to believe that it might be possible to configure the switch hardware with various CLI utilities depending on the platform. For Atheros hardware I believe the utility needed is called swconfig but you're pretty much on your own figuring out how to use it.

lavinpj1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 14:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks - I've gotten a bit further on this. I've added a tagged interface to Vlan2 as per http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=621590 and bridged ra1 (wifi) with vlan2.4. I've traced an ARP packet and its appropriate response tagged with ID 4 all the way through this path:

Wireless Device -> DD-Wrt -> Switch -> Router (creates the reply) -> Switch -> DD-Wrt

It is when the tagged arp reply packet enters dd-wrt that it is lost and not forwarded to the wireless device over the bridge.

Looks like I'm nearly there - any ideas to solve this issue?
lavinpj1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Still no luck with this Sad

I've also tried the same software Vlan setup on a Linksys E1000 and it has the same issue - packets tagged with vlan4 will not traverse over the bridge to the wireless device but they do travel the other way.

Does anyone have any clue on a resolution?
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 20:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have an E1000 and iirc trunking worked perfectly fine when bridged with wireless. For the wireless part you can follow the Multiple WLAN or Separate LAN and WLAN guides on the wiki. Then you just use the VLAN page in the GUI to enable tagging on a port and put it in multiple VLAN's, and then use the Networking page to add it to the br1 bridge with the wireless interface.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: