RT-N66 CFE Thread

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 16:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
chrisnasah wrote:
anyone done any test with wan throughput on this firmware with this router as i notice it is not the same compared to stock firmware from Asus.

I have a fiber connection to the net and get 100+ mb up and down with this build

Stock firmware uses CTF if you have QOS disabled that can add some throughput to wan-lan passthrough..... what are you seeing

-Fractal
Sponsor
chrisnasah
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 17:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fractal wrote:
chrisnasah wrote:
anyone done any test with wan throughput on this firmware with this router as i notice it is not the same compared to stock firmware from Asus.

I have a fiber connection to the net and get 100+ mb up and down with this build

Stock firmware uses CTF if you have QOS disabled that can add some throughput to wan-lan passthrough..... what are you seeing

-Fractal

well i am in the UK and with Virgin media on 100mb service, on the stock firmware am getting around 95mb but with dd-wrt i am getting around 65mb tried both wired and wireless.
SnakeByte
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 17:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
chrisnasah wrote:

I've been trying to do this but for whatever reason the iperf binary I've used previously my other dd-wrt router isn't behaving itself now.

ipkg-opt install http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/ddwrt/cross/stable/iperf_2.0.4-1_mipsel.ipk
ipkg-opt install http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/ddwrt/cross/stable/libuclibc%2b%2b_0.2.2-9_mipsel.
ipk

if I run iperf without any command-line options, it shows the typical usage blurb, but the moment I pass it a parameter (like -v to show me the version), it just sits there and never returns.

Even copying over a statically compiled version of iperf that i've used with dd-wrt in the past does the same thing. Do I need to compile differently to work with the 64k CPE?
fritsp1989
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 17:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
I notice a huge performance drop on every router once i install ddwrt.
But the routers i had before had a 400 mhz cpu this n66u has a 600.
But it just doesnt doe a 120mbit stable the connection keeps jumping between the 80 and 110.
And i dont think its the qqs or ctf because when i am on asus wrt from merlin i am able to do the full 120mbit, on tomato to so i think i have a wrong setting or something but where to start ?
oiad
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 18:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hoping someone can help me out a little: I have followed the instructions throughout this post and have my cfe upgraded and dd-wrt build 20118 mega up and running from the Fractal folder on the barry ftp site. My only problem is that my WAN port is not working.

Is there a work around for the WAN port or is there a step I missed?

Thanks!
Nebudchanezzer
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 18:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
oiad wrote:
Hoping someone can help me out a little: I have followed the instructions throughout this post and have my cfe upgraded and dd-wrt build 20118 mega up and running from the Fractal folder on the barry ftp site. My only problem is that my WAN port is not working.

Thanks!

Erase the nvram and reboot.
oiad
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 19:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nebudchanezzer wrote:
oiad wrote:

Thanks!

Erase the nvram and reboot.

I feel stupid, Thanks alot!!
GH0
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 20:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fractal, what needs to be done to get the changes on all future dd-wrt builds as well?

I am assuming an SVN track ticket would need to be made with the changes listed?

Also, if you wouldn't mind, when you get the chance can you update the N66U folder so I can give the USB issues a test.

Last edited by GH0 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 0:33; edited 1 time in total
Shane501
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 21:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can someone take my original.cfe and update it? When I run the script on both my linux boxes it only shows to be 130.3kb.
GH0
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Shane, that is fine.
Shane501
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks
chrisnasah
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 18:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Right just futher update, i noticed my wan throughput wired have been exact to what i get from stock firmware but no so wirelessly.

Using stock firmware on 5ghz wirelessly i am getting 100mb as i should but with dd-wrt the max i am getting is 65mb.

On 2.4ghz using stock firmware am getting up to 75mb but again using dd-wrt i am getting as low as 35mb max.

I have tried playing with advance wireless setting in dd-wrt but never got the wireless to work as well as with the stock firmware.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
fritsp1989
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Very strange i flashed ddwrt again, to give it some more testing and now it works even faster on wan to lan than tomato.
So i tought well then stay with ddwrt but whenever i try to install optware me router goes nuts and keeps rebooting or just hangs i think it has something to do with the ext2 or ext3 formats can anybody comfirm this i am om the latest fractal build with 64k CFE
GH0
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 15:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
fritsp1989, optware does not currently work for this router with the builds that on barry's FTP. This is being worked on with SVN Ticket 2580. Follow all progress there for that issue.
fritsp1989
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
GH0 wrote:
fritsp1989, optware does not currently work for this router with the builds that on barry's FTP. This is being worked on with SVN Ticket 2580. Follow all progress there for that issue.

Thank you verry verry much for the quick reply at least i now know were i can look for those kind of things. Very Happy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 35, 36, 37  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 13 of 37
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: