high gain antenna tuning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods
zyxtomatic
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 23:54    Post subject: high gain antenna tuning Reply with quote
I have a Linksys E3000 router for which I've purchased a 7dbi external antenna kit to try and expand coverage onto the 3rd floor of my house. (This kit replaces two of the internal 5 GHz antennas with external antennas.) I don't have a problem with 2.4 GHz coverage on the 3rd floor, only 5 GHz, which is why this kit seemed worth a shot.

I'm looking for some assistance tuning the radio settings to best match those antennas. Can anyone help me out? I'm sure there is already a thread or article somewhere that covers this, but I did quite a bit of searching trying to find some details and haven't yet come up with anything solid.

Thanks!
Sponsor
Yuji Saeki
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:12    Post subject: Re: high gain antenna tuning Reply with quote
zyxtomatic wrote:
I have a Linksys E3000 router for which I've purchased a 7dbi external antenna kit to try and expand coverage onto the 3rd floor of my house. (This kit replaces two of the internal 5 GHz antennas with external antennas.) I don't have a problem with 2.4 GHz coverage on the 3rd floor, only 5 GHz, which is why this kit seemed worth a shot.

I'm looking for some assistance tuning the radio settings to best match those antennas. Can anyone help me out? I'm sure there is already a thread or article somewhere that covers this, but I did quite a bit of searching trying to find some details and haven't yet come up with anything solid.

Thanks!

Neighbor/you, may have a phone/microwave/electronic that is interfering.
sm00thpapa
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Turn up the TX power on the 5Ghz band to see if that helps.
Yuji Saeki
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not one bit. It literally drops to -95 signal.
sm00thpapa
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 22:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just for note 5Ghz band does not have the range that 2.4Ghz band does.
dmc_universe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's better to rise the tx power
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: