Buffalo WZR-300HP Firmware version?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
kereams
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 19:08    Post subject: Buffalo WZR-300HP Firmware version? Reply with quote
First post here.

I have been running DD-WRT on my Linksys WRT54GS for years. I finally upgraded to an 802.11N router. I picked up the Buffalo WZR-300HP from Newegg. I wanted to check out the "Buffalo Friendly" firmware so I upgraded to it. Well it sucks. I would like to go back to the DD-WRT professional version but its not listed on any of the Buffalo websites downloads section.

I have read here that its the same as the WZR-HP-G300NH2. I downloaded the latest DD-WRT professional from Buffalo's site but it will not allow that file to flash.

Will the BrainSlayer versions work with this router?
ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/

Thanks!
Keith
Sponsor
kereams
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 20:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
I figured what the hell and tried to flash a couple versions of the BrainSlayer for the G300NH2 and it would not take. The crappy Buffalo Friendly firmware comes back and says its an incompatible firmware file.

Ugh...

Anyone have any ideas?
kereams
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
I found the professional DD-WRT version on the CD. I have to admit thats the first time I have used a CD that came with hardware in YEARS!

V24SP2-19438 is now loaded.

I have included it incase someone else has this issue and loses their CD since its not on the Buffalo download page.
tecla22
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
First post here, as well. I was researching VPN service providers and came across Private Internet Access. I wrote to them with some questions and told them I was planning on purchasing the WZR-300HP. http://www.amazon.com/BUFFALO-AirStation-HighPower-Wireless-WZR-300HP/dp/B0096239FG/ref=pd_cp_pc_0 They replied:

"Regarding DD-WRT, there are four builds: STD, VPN, Mega, and Big.

Ironically, the STD and VPN builds do not have all the settings necessary to configure our service properly, so you will need to make sure to get a Big or Mega build." Is the Professional build the Big/Mega build?

I've written to Buffalo, but haven't yet gotten a reply from them.
tecla22
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 15:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
O.K. I've just been advised what the problem is. From my VPN service provider: "The important thing for your build of DD-WRT is that the OpenVPN client included contains an advanced settings section. STD and VPN builds do not have the Advanced Settings section, and therefore we cannot modify all the settings."

So does Buffalo's new WZR-300HP, with its "Professional Version/Build" contain an advanced settings section in the OpenVPN client? Thanks.
tecla22
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 18:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
See here for further info. from the Buffalo forum, with sreenshots. http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Wireless/Confused-between-WZR-300HP-amp-WZR-HP-G300NH/m-p/110752/highlight/false#M14880
cdkg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am in the exact same boat as you guys. What was the outcome of all this? was anyone successfully able to configure openvpn? and if so whats the formula?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: