DIR-601 Rev B1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
hocahoon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 15:51    Post subject: DIR-601 Rev B1 Reply with quote
Has anyone managed to flash a DIR-601 Rev B1 with any of the custom firmwares out there? I've tried all of them this morning and haven't had any luck. I set the router to recovery mode and tried openwrt, dd-wrt, tomato, and gargoyle. I tried with chrome, firefox, ultra simple web browser, and ie 8. Every attempt resulted in "Upgrade Failed". I know Rev A1 is supported by DD-WRT, just sucks newegg sent me a B1. Looks like several other routers run similar hardware, so it's got to be doable. Just praying maybe someone has done it, anyone had any luck with this model?
Sponsor
rock99rock
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 21:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am in the same boat. I got in on the $10 deal a few weeks back for this router, and bought it because i thought it was compatible. Here is some info from Slickdeals:

Rev. B:
Firmware: 2.xx
CPU: 475 MHz Ubicom IP7150
RAM: 64 MB
2.4 GHz Radio: Atheros AR9223 3T3R 2.4 GHz radio
Switch: Atheros AR8316
IP Standards Support: IPv4 & IPv6

DIR-600

There are (at least) three revisions of this router: A1, B1 and B2. Rev.A1 has been rebranded as FR-54RTR.

openwrt.org has information about the DIR-600A1 model here: http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/d-link/dir-600

openwrt.org has information about the DIR-600B1/B2 model here: http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/d-link/dir-300revb

It appears that both will run openwrt as there seems to be an install option for both. The indication is that the B1/B2 model is similar to the DIR-300. Hopefully this info is helpful.
Char1ie_OS
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:53    Post subject: Dlink DIR_601 VB1 Reply with quote
Yah. I find it a little confusing. The wiki page for dd-wrt shows H/W ver:B1 as supported, but the router database from the dd-wrt site does not. Too bad. I bought one based on the wiki Sad
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:15    Post subject: Re: Dlink DIR_601 VB1 Reply with quote
Char1ie_OS wrote:
Yah. I find it a little confusing. The wiki page for dd-wrt shows H/W ver:B1 as supported

No it doesn't, it shows "donated board needed for port" and no one has until now donated a 601B1.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 14:44    Post subject: DIR-601B1 has been donated Reply with quote
Hi all,

I donated a dir-601b1 to the devs. Hopefully in a short time it will be supported.
mes
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 0:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
openWRT now has a build for the dir-601 B1

https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=33231
JMMazza53
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 15:10    Post subject: Status report on D-Link DIR-601 B1 Reply with quote
I donated a DIR-601 B1 to the devs in August 2013. I realize BrainSlayer has been working mostly on getting the new Buffalo AC routers up and running with dd-wrt, but is the D-Link DIR-601 B1 still in the works? Can we get a yea or nay from someone? I believe it is an Atheros chipset, not Ralink.

John
HappyTom
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 23:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello... I found JMMazza53 post on the forum here in regards to the hardware donation that he sent. I was wondering, if DD-WRT can be ported over to the DIR-601 B1 version, or is it going to be? I know OpenWRT has some sort of firmware build for this unit, but I am hoping that the dev team here is going to be able to make a image for it.

I made a wireless repeater bridge out of a Linksys E1000 using DD-WRTand it works great! I am hoping that I can do the same thing for the DIR-601 B1 when I receive it.

Thank You, Respectfully. I hope everyone here has a great upcoming holiday! - Happy Tom
JMMazza53
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 13:06    Post subject: Re: dd-wrt build for D-Link DIR-601B1 Reply with quote
Greetings,

I received an acknowledgement from the dd-wrt management that they received my donation and forwarded it to one of the devs (Brainslayer?). Since then, I have heard nothing. Is this still a unit to be ported, or is this a dead issue?

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: