Netgear WNDR3400v2 N600

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
jwrmo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 20:28    Post subject: Netgear WNDR3400v2 N600 Reply with quote
According to the dd-wrt website the netgear wndr3400v2 N600 is compatible with dd-wrt. However when I try to find the firmware for this router I can not find it. Can anyone help me find this and also help me with installing this to the router?
Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 0:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
That unit is a WIP, a donated unit is needed for the port.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
kieran
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
That unit is a WIP, a donated unit is needed for the port.

Is this correct? I too bought this router having checked the Router database and it was then and is now listed as supported (yes) not WIP.

Clarification that the Router database is indeed incorrect would be much appreciated before I return the router.

Thank you
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
The router database doesn't state version of WNDR3400 and that entry was written when there was only one version, a version without version number.

The router database should only be used as a way of finding firmware and not to determine whether a certain version is supported or not.

The Supported Devices wiki page gives an accurate status of routers which are either currently supported,being worked on, or waiting for donated hardware.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you for the informative and constructive post - thanks for taking time to post. You are clearly well versed in the website structure and where to go for the relevant information.

Regrettably for myself, the other poster in this thread and the sales guy who also the used the router database in the shop to assure me of the compatibility - who are perhaps less familiar with the website - this was unclear.

In terms of constructive feedback this message needs to be much better communicated to avoid further confusion.

Thanks.
liverpoolatnight
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 16:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dont you mean the v1? As my parents have the N600 and is the WNDR3400v1/N600?

http://cyberpunx.com/2011/11/installing-dd-wrt-on-netgear-wndr3400-n600/

by the way for the record this router only compatible of DD-WRT, Tryed other open source versons but no luck.

EE BrightBox 1 aka A4001N (OpenWrt 17.01.4)
Sagemcom FAST@5364 (VDSL2,FTTC (Fibre to the Cabinet) Synced 65/17

Twitter: @francisuk1989
---------------------------------
Found a bug? Report it http://svn.dd-wrt.com
DD-WRT Official FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/493762527744455
ak4700
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 21:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just went to install DD-WRT on my router, and discovered it's the WIP WNDR3400 v2. Is there anything I can do to help out with the development for this model, short of donating my (only) router?

I assume trying to install the version that works with v1 is not recommended.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
ak4700 wrote:
I just went to install DD-WRT on my router, and discovered it's the WIP WNDR3400 v2. Is there anything I can do to help out with the development for this model, short of donating my (only) router?

I assume trying to install the version that works with v1 is not recommended.

The v1 version of the firmware will not work and is likely to brick a v2.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 16:50    Post subject: Donate my WNDR3400v2 Reply with quote
I too bought this router thinking it was compatible with dd-wrt. I'd consider donating it although I would like to get it back at some point (hopefully with dd-wrt loaded on to it).

I'd be willing to pay postage both ways and even some sort of $ bonus if I could have some assurance it was going to the right place - an actual dd-wrt developer with time to work on it, not just a black hole.

The router's factory firmware seems to NAT everything and has a short timeout - so even two systems plugged into it as a hub lose TCP connections after about an hour. Very annoying.

If it'd be easier, I could provide a linux shell account/tunnel to my network and "remote hands" - pacific time business hours.

averagecdn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:03    Post subject: Bump! Reply with quote
Is this still alive. I did the same thing as the other people.. referenced the database lookup and found that WNDR3400 was support and made the purchase only to get it home and find it was WNDR3400v2. Are there any updates?
setiamon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:19    Post subject: Getting it done Reply with quote
Yeah its alive-ish I got this router last week for he same reasons and well now We are stuck i guess?well julian made the offer but I e-mailed her and she said she hadn't donated her router,wanted the staff to contact her first i think
setiamon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:27    Post subject: Router donation procedure Reply with quote
http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/community/donations

Just in case anyone missed it.
cdaniels
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 19:34    Post subject: A couple bucks Reply with quote
Can we all donate a to someone to buy a router for the dev? I'd be down to throw in instead of having to buy a new router...
setiamon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 21:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'd love to but I just blew my last bit of money on this router,broke broke over here,my old router died but how long can you ride a linksys 45g anyhow?

Anyhow We should just keep this thread alive.

BTW i have never used DD-wrt or any open source firmware But I have read good things about it including upping the transmission signal so i can get more then 2 bars on my upstairs desktop(only computer I own)

So basically BUMP
nospam2k
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, it's been 8 months and nothing on this router? I'm interested in taking it further if someone would like to point me in the right direction. I know Linux and am familiar with compiling. I noticed that it looks like the Asus RT-N53 uses the exact same hardware. What would be involved in converting it to a Netgear image?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: