nanostation m2

nouse4anick
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:55    Post subject: nanostation m2 Reply with quote
A friend of mine wants to re-flash his nanostation back to the factory firmware from dd-wrt.

However, the main problem is that while we can access it via wifi, we cannot access it through either of the lan ports.

how can we set this up so that you can plug his network (w/o a router) into the secondary lan and plug in the 'wan' into the main lan connection?
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 19:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
read:
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not helpful sash....

- I've read the 'manual' and searched the web (including this forum), this is why I'm posting here (plenty of factory to dd-wrt firmware help out there, next to none going the other way)
- The question about how to configure it so that it will accept a wire connection is still a valid question as I'm not sure its wise to upgrade it over the wireless connection and nothing I seem to do to the settings will activate the ports.
- I also understand that there is no 'official' support for the paid versions of dd-wrt, which is fine I was just seeing if someone here might have had the same problem and either could tell me or direct me to a page that would tell me how to fix it.
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
it IS helpful....you are jsut to lazy to read it carefully!
yes your right....its just that the stupid mods and users had no clue while they wrote the guidelines....

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 15:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
nouse4anick wrote:

- The question about how to configure it so that it will accept a wire connection is still a valid question as I'm not sure its wise to upgrade it over the wireless connection and nothing I seem to do to the settings will activate the ports.

Read the Announcement thread in top of this forum section ffs!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 17:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
nouse4anick wrote:

Read the Announcement thread in top of this forum section ffs!!

What part of "I've searched and read this forum and the web" do you not understand? yeah I read that, it didn't work. Also the announcement thread is NOT WHAT I WANT TO DO!!!! I want to go back to the FACTORY FIRMWARE! I want to get dd-wrt OFF the nanostation. I'd like to have a hard line connection to it instead of doing it over wifi. So my question remains on how to activate at least A port so I can hook a computer up to it and try flashing it.
kuruczfarm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 19:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
If your device has reset button then press and hold it when connecting power. This initiates TFTP mode. You can upload stock FW with a windows tftp client. Your device IP will be 192.168.1.20
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ubiquiti Devices All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: