TP-LINK TL-WDR3600 Info for Wiki

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
stopspazzing
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 18:43    Post subject: TP-LINK TL-WDR3600 Info for Wiki Reply with quote
I just recently purchased a new router, TP-LINK TL-WDR3600, coming from a Cisco e2000 which was refurbished and finally burnt out a year after buying and antenna modding it...decided I would finally give back as the wiki contains no information about the router, even tho there are several working BrainSlayer builds for it latest being here:

ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2013/01-01-2013-r20453/tplink_tl-wdr3600v1/

Problem I have is wiki is locked from adding/creating new accounts due to spam (which is typical of wiki's).

How would I go about having an account created/setup so I add the pictures I have already prepped and some basic information for the wiki for this router located here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/TP-Link_TL-WDR3600

Any help or direction would be grateful so I can immediately start adding content. Thanks Very Happy

Last edited by stopspazzing on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:22; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 18:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Post the information in this thread, and someone can move it...
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes add the info to this post and i'll edit it in. I did the starter page for that wiki, just never followed it up because i didn't ever end up purchasing a WDR3600, so i don't know much about it yet.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
stopspazzing
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pictures:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5968175/TL-WDR3600-01-small.jpg

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5968175/TL-WDR3600-02-small.jpg

Output of /proc/cpuinfo:

Code:

root@OpenWrt-Attitude-Adjustment-12:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
system type             : Atheros AR9344 rev 2
machine                 : TP-LINK TL-WDR3600/4300/4310
processor               : 0
cpu model               : MIPS 74Kc V4.12
BogoMIPS                : 278.93
wait instruction        : yes
microsecond timers      : yes
tlb_entries             : 32
extra interrupt vector  : yes
hardware watchpoint     : yes, count: 4, address/irw mask: [0x0000, 0x0ff8, 0x0ff8, 0x0ff8]
ASEs implemented        : mips16 dsp
shadow register sets    : 1
kscratch registers      : 0
core                    : 0
VCED exceptions         : not available
VCEI exceptions         : not available

I am currently using OpenWRT, as if you didn't notice.

Recommended build from BrainSlayer is here (older version has bugs that are fixed in this version): ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2013/01-01-2013-r20453/tplink_tl-wdr3600v1/

If upgrading from previous ddwrt version, use "tl-wdr3600-webflash.bin".

If coming from stock firmware, use the "factory-to-ddwrt.bin".

Anything else I can provide, let me know.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 13:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is thrown together info imo, look at the wiki layouts that i make and reference them. You are including infos here, but no particular guides in which to do what, no flashing steps, no reversion steps, nothing but some generic infos. I have no interest to try and filter this info into some reasonable guides because i don't have this unit, so i can't confirm which steps will work for what, thus i'm not going to write these infos into a guide, i'm counting on you for that being that you have the unit and know what steps would be needed. And i am hoping that the above info you posted is not how you would layout the wiki for edit anyhow. Wink

Example of one of my wikis: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Buffalo_WZR-HP-AG300H

And yes, good wikis are alot of work.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
stopspazzing
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
This is thrown together info imo, look at the wiki layouts that i make and reference them. You are including infos here, but no particular guides in which to do what, no flashing steps, no reversion steps, nothing but some generic infos. I have no interest to try and filter this info into some reasonable guides because i don't have this unit, so i can't confirm which steps will work for what, thus i'm not going to write these infos into a guide, i'm counting on you for that being that you have the unit and know what steps would be needed. And i am hoping that the above info you posted is not how you would layout the wiki for edit anyhow. Wink

Example of one of my wikis: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Buffalo_WZR-HP-AG300H

And yes, good wikis are alot of work.

http://wiki.ultimatebootcd.com/index.php?title=User:StopSpazzing

http://wiki.ultimatebootcd.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

I have created 95% of that wiki, I well aware of the required work needed to add an article (not to sound rude). I normally post then edit about 100 times to get it perfect. Problem I have is the the wiki is locked, when I normally copy menu layouts/article structure from other articles and tweak to perfection. (aka I cant see the code required for me to post here so all you had to do is copy paste.)

Back on topic, I have been referencing the article http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_WRT54GL (my first router I installed dd-wrt onto and still have.)

As I said, normally I click edit, copy what is needed and remove what isn't because the template is already there.

Not having an open wiki makes it more complicated for everyone and I fear no one cares because locking something for everyone because of spam, ruin's the point of a wiki. (Though this could not be because of spam, and if that's the case, this comment is moot, ignore this paragraph.)

If spam is indeed the issue with locking DD-Wrt's wiki, then I wouldn't mind talking (irc, skype, etc) with the wiki's management team to help eliminate spam/bot accounts signups/posts, which I have successfully done with the wiki I listed above. And to pre-answer any comments, we used to have a major spam issue from IP's from russia/asia, that would create about 50 accounts a day with articles linking to websites for same stuff you get in your spam inbox.

I am not trying to sound condescending or to bash or to point fingers or cause problems. So please don't take this post that way.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 22:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sounds like you need to edit out the steps on a wordpad or something else, then when you are certain you got it right after your 100 edits, you can paste the info here and i can edit it into the wiki for you. There is no special wiki code to type out steps onto a notepad like the wiki i linked example to, so i think you can pretty well cover that. And yes this:

"(aka I cant see the code required for me to post here so all you had to do is copy paste.) "

Right but i am not going to copy and paste a non-laid out jumble of infos, these need to be in steps as a wiki would be, and you can/could type out the whole page here and i edit it in, simple as that. I don't see the wiki becoming unlocked anytime soon. The info you provided is in no steps of order, so should i edit the info you posted in as is? I don't think so.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: