TP-LINK TL-WR841N FCCID: TE7WR841NXV8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
james0r
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:50    Post subject: TP-LINK TL-WR841N FCCID: TE7WR841NXV8 Reply with quote
Just bought this TP-Link TL-WR841N Router here in Vietnam and hoping to flash it with DD-WRT but I only see support for FCC ID TE7WR841NXV7. I'm just one digit off! Is my router supported by the v7 version or do I need to wait?

Thanks!
Sponsor
B@R
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ask the TP-Link support if the router is same.

P.S.
I had asked support about FW of routers 841N & ND and got quick answer. There on the site was fresh FW for 841ND, but for 841N was shown previous buggy version only and I know, that the routers are same.
james0r
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
I got a response back from TP-Link saying this:

"Dear Sir,
Thank you for using TP-LINK product, this is Giao from TP-LINK VN technical support team, I would like to give you the answer for your email. You’re using TL-WR841N version 8, and this device can only use the firmware of version 8 to upgrade only, you can download TL-WR841N version 8 latest firmware from our website: http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/?model=TL-WR841N&version=V8#tbl_j"

So I'm not sure because I would imagine it would be their policy to only suggest the most current firmware version.

So still not sure. If anyone has experience trying to flash the firmware of this model with DD-WRT I'd love to hear it!

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: