Linksys Cisco E900 = Broadcom 5357, No Build released yet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
itsamti
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Seems this person got repeater working

http://securityobscurity.wordpress.com/2013/01/23/make-a-repeater-for-20-dd-wrt-linksys-e900/
Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
itsamti wrote:
Seems this person got repeater working

http://securityobscurity.wordpress.com/2013/01/23/make-a-repeater-for-20-dd-wrt-linksys-e900/

Wrong, thats repeater bridge, not repeater. 2 different modes. Repeater bridge doesn't have a problem, repeater does.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
itsamti
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 16:51    Post subject: Repeater Reply with quote
Repeater worked for me on E900. Here is the proof.

So far I got it worked with Wireless G only, WPA2 AES.

Trying if N works.[/img]

repeater.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  108.54 KB
 Viewed:  12872 Time(s)

repeater.png

buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 17:50    Post subject: Re: Repeater Reply with quote
itsamti wrote:
Repeater worked for me on E900. Here is the proof.

So far I got it worked with Wireless G only, WPA2 AES.

Trying if N works.

Its how long it will continue to work is the question, and seeing that your uptime is 2 minutes isn't really any proof, nor you showing your wireless setting is any proof that repeater is stable and working.

I have setup k2.6 in repeater mode before as well, works fine for the first hour or so, then slows to crawl, imho i wouldn't call something that does that as working.

http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/2253

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
itsamti
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 18:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sure, I understand and saw ticket.

So far its working. I will update in couple of days.
iLac
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 23:57    Post subject: troubleshooting remote management Reply with quote
Hi,
So far I have done exactly (but only) what the wiki said:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E900

However, when I tried to setup up OpenVPN, or even a simpler PPTP VPN server, I could not connect. Any comments are welcome on this too.

But most importantly, I stepped away from the router after enabling both WebGUI and Telnet management for remote access. I know the ports. I checked with the ISP and they don't block any incoming traffic. And still, I cannot connect with the router on the WAN/public IP.

Are there any known issues with the big build #19342? I thought I made the smarter move when I sticked to something supposedly proven, but maybe the build is wrong?

But of course, I might have forgot/overlooked something obvious, sorry I could not Google up something more useful myself. Thanks!
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 0:52    Post subject: Re: troubleshooting remote management Reply with quote
iLac wrote:
Hi,
So far I have done exactly (but only) what the wiki said:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E900

However, when I tried to setup up OpenVPN, or even a simpler PPTP VPN server, I could not connect. Any comments are welcome on this too.

But most importantly, I stepped away from the router after enabling both WebGUI and Telnet management for remote access. I know the ports. I checked with the ISP and they don't block any incoming traffic. And still, I cannot connect with the router on the WAN/public IP.

Are there any known issues with the big build #19342? I thought I made the smarter move when I sticked to something supposedly proven, but maybe the build is wrong?

But of course, I might have forgot/overlooked something obvious, sorry I could not Google up something more useful myself. Thanks!

Actually this is something that you should post a new thread for, because your problem has nothing to do with the E900 in particular, your problem seems to have more to do with the openVPN system within dd-wrt in general.

Most i can say i know of this is that 18777 is the last build that had a working openVPN system, which you'll be out of luck because you cannot use the 18777 build due to E900 not being supported until 18946.

iLac
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 0:58    Post subject: Re: troubleshooting remote management Reply with quote
buddee wrote:

Actually this is something that you should post a new thread for, because your problem has nothing to do with the E900 in particular, your problem seems to have more to do with the openVPN system within dd-wrt in general.

Most i can say i know of this is that 18777 is the last build that had a working openVPN system, which you'll be out of luck because you cannot use the 18777 build due to E900 not being supported until 18946.

Thanks! So, no hope for OpenVPN yet -- but is PPTP supposed to work?

Also, to be clear: I cannot remotely manage the router either, but now I am checking (asked someone with local access, in the sneakernet) whether I forgot to check "allow any remote IP" for remote access. I can ping the box, but both Telnet and WebGUI are completely silent.

Any other problem I might be missing? (ADSL modem was another one, checked.) E900-specific or not...
iLac
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 15:33    Post subject: Re: troubleshooting remote management Reply with quote
iLac wrote:
Thanks! So, no hope for OpenVPN yet -- but is PPTP supposed to work?

Also, to be clear: I cannot remotely manage the router either, but now I am checking (asked someone with local access, in the sneakernet) whether I forgot to check "allow any remote IP" for remote access. I can ping the box, but both Telnet and WebGUI are completely silent.

Any other problem I might be missing? (ADSL modem was another one, checked.) E900-specific or not...

An update: remote management works fine now, the setting was not persistent before, after a hard reboot it is.

But I still cannot get even PPTP VPN working, at least from my mac (though I am aware of the encryption issue there). And thoughts on whether or how that should work?
iLac
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 23:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Two updates: I could freeze the router both with a soft reboot and with a "date" command, necessitating a hard reboot. This is a big problem remotely.

Please let me know if you could 'endorse' a more recent build for the E900. I tried to be the grownup and stay away from recent "betas", but I seem to be stuck with old bugs now…

On another note, I wrote up my OpenVPN specification for the Tunnelblick people who wrote the mac client I try to use. In case you're interested to review it: https://groups.google.com/d/topic/tunnelblick-discuss/HvICscXvaLY/discussion
iLac
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Forget my issue. Other people had issues with OpenVPN in the older build anyway — and I could get PPTP working on a newer build, DD-WRT v24-sp2 (01/24/13) mini.

The network is surprisingly slow, but maybe this is what I can expect from a home router on a residential ISP a continent away.

Thanks for bearing with me.

FYI, the router can still freeze after pressing "Apply Settings" on various pages.
chiosc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 16:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello all!
I used the tutorial and managed to inslall dd-wrt.v24-19342_NEWD-2_K2.6_big-nv64k.
I also experienced that feeling when the router wont respond to pings. Then I read the entire thread, powered off, wait a few seconds, powered on and he came alive. Very Happy

Now I have two questions:
1. How can i turn off wlan leds? linksys firmware had the option to turn off wlan leds.
Reading this topic I found about: Reset Gpio= 10, WPS Gpio =9, WPS LED =8. So i've added the command "gpio enable 8" to startup, i've also added a "sleep 30" but the leds ar still on. Sad

2.What script sould i use for 6 to 4 ipv6 ?
I ask because with the native ipv6 my usenet downloads are slow, with linsys firmware i had like 4MB/s and with dd-wrt i barely get 800KB/s
I have looked at 6to4 on k2.6 builds but when i try to find my wan interface "using ip -4 addr show" on telnet nothing happens:

BusyBox v1.19.4 (2012-06-08 03:44:52 CEST) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

root@GLT:~# ip -4 addr show
root@GLT:~#

Hope someone can help me, thanks!
chiosc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 14:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry for asking again. Sad
Does anybody know what gpui number will turn off the wan and lan leds?
If not, it is safe to test gpui numers till 50 or I might brick my router?
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 16:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
itsamti wrote:
Sure, I understand and saw ticket.

So far its working. I will update in couple of days.

I believe this is due to ttraf being enabled and also client isolation being enabled in advanced wireless settings..... Make sure those are off, I use repeater bridge all the time.... I will be updating with a new roll.

-Fractal
yanbin_c
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 15:02    Post subject: cant obtain wanip in pppoe mode. Reply with quote
Hi there. I'm using build 19342 big on a cisco e900 router. My provider is Chinatelecom.
the router cant get wan ip in pppoe mode.wan ip is always 0.0.0.0.

i click the connect ,and it shows Connection Type --- disabled

I know the modem works because I can connect to the internet with the another cisco E3000 router(factory firmware).

I have tried 30/30/30 reset, connecting/turning on router/modem in various orders,change the router ip 192.168.1.1-->192.168.3.1/vlans port reassign W(none)1234(lan)/ None of these have worked.

When the modem and router are connect the activity light on both the router and modem are constantly blinking. Any ideas?

Connection Type disabled.doc
 Description:
i screen capture the setting of e900 and e3000

Download
 Filename:  Connection Type disabled.doc
 Filesize:  1.02 MB
 Downloaded:  296 Time(s)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 7 of 12
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: