Asus RT-N10 - Wireless Drops Network

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
slinkeey
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:49    Post subject: Asus RT-N10 - Wireless Drops Network Reply with quote
Hello,

I am having a problem with my router running dd-wrt. My wireless clients get their network connection dropped. I say network, because the wireless connection is still there.

I am not able to even get to the router's address of 192.168.1.1 .

I run ifconfig on my machines and it has a 192.168.1.x address and etc.. Nothing looks different from the time it works to the time it doesn't.

When things sit long enough they start working again, but it does not last.

I can let my browser sit there without allowing it to time-out and it will eventually connect t0 192.168.1.1 or google.com for example.. Once that happens I can use the internet for some unspecified amount of time before the network gets unresponsive to wireless.

This problem does not exist on my wired machines.

I almost wonder if it is hardware because the problem kind of appeared over time.

I should also add that my wireless devices work at my parent's house and at work.

Thanks
Sponsor
slinkeey
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Now today it is working great. I'm confused..
luker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

I am having the exact same issue, but sadly the day after the problem still persists for me.

I've tried builds 18774, 20548 and 20675 with the same frustrating results.

The initial flash from the router database was 14896 and that yielded no wireless at all, so the later versions were an improvement but only for about 10-15 seconds at a time.

The wireless network completely disconnects however, the devices then scan and find the network again, connects and runs for a very short period before dropping altogether.

Interestingly the AIR light on the router remains on the whole time, flickering during activity.

Is there a build out there known to work 100% on this router I can try?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: