First Time Atheros buy....WZR-600DHP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 21:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is no distinct difference, the wzr-hp-ag300h and wzr-600dhp are exact same hardware, the only difference is the name change. If you scroll down to the wzr-600dhp and match it up to the wzr-hp-ag300h you'll see. Wink

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices#Buffalo

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Sponsor
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 22:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
So far the only thing I've had trouble with is the occasional crash and reboot. I think it has to do with the NAS but not sure...I may disable it to see if that is the case....it could also have to do with the WDS/Connection watchdog set for an e3000 unit that is my main ftp server. They tend to loose connection once in awhile. For now I turned this watchdog off...I'll see if it still crashed/reboots. Its been doing it a couple times a day.

Other than this issue...its been running like a champ.

currently running a nightly 20709 build.

redhawk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
@ redhawk0: Not that it solves that the builds aren't reporting the proper name for the unit... i noticed your reply to my comment within your ticket, and though i am not Brainslayer to give you reply, i am fairly sure that the wzr-hp-ag300h and wzr-600dhp are the same units, they share the same FCC ID: FDI-09101889-0

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah...I figured that as well...just wanted to see what the big guys says since he wrote the buff version as well...I suspect its in the FW to set the DD_BOARD to the correct model number for the Buffalo Pro version...its really no big deal...just wanted it in the TRAC report.

redhawk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
right on.

redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
I do see something else that I can't put my finger on...I see Load Averages in the .75 up to 2.0 at times...but when I login to a ssh shell and do a top command nothing is showing excessive use...as a matter of fact...most times I see 0.6 as my top CPU hog on "http -p 80"

Anyone else seeing high Load averages with this unit?

redhawk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
I been seeing load averages on all my Atheros units lately being high, since around build 19519, and i don't believe its anything directed at this specific unit, if you read into the build threads, it seems to affect all Atheros units.

And i mean high averages (.80 to 2.20 is highest i seen so far) when i am not even doing anything but accessing the webgui, no other traffic whatsoever. Kinda odd, but hopefully something they are working out.

redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just saw it...its showing 97% CPU usage for the NIC...looks like they gotta work out the control of the internal NIC a little better....I can't go back too far in builds...but can you test your older build 19519 and see if NIC shows the high percentage.

redhawk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Looks a little smaller, but not by much, top pic of 19519:

redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
One other thing to report...I mentioned that I had this random crash and reboot issue....it seems to only happen when the 5GHz band is used...I changed channels from 104 to 36. I think it's more stable now....I'll keep monitoring.

redhawk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 23:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
redhawk0 wrote:
I just saw it...its showing 97% CPU usage for the NIC...looks like they gotta work out the control of the internal NIC a little better....I can't go back too far in builds...but can you test your older build 19519 and see if NIC shows the high percentage.

redhawk

No, it is showing 97% for idle..

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok...thanx LOM...looks like I'm back to square one trying to figure out what's got the load average up so high.

redhawk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi guys,

Just to clarify it seems like you have this one working?

I have been looking at to get into DD-WRT for about 3 years now and every couple months go through a bunch of posts looking for the "right" router but since there really isn't one I never puled the trigger and got into here as my router had been working well enough and my wife didn't want me getting anything that would mess up a bunch. Now our old router is losing wireless connection multiple times daily for 10-30 seconds so now I think is the time to get a new one and I was looking at this one. A bunch of other threads didn't seem to hopeful but this one is the newest and seems to indicate some success.

Thanks everyone
fingerslip
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have the Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H has you all say its the same unit and I also have high loads even when nothing special is happening

All builds that I tried after 20119 I have high loads, now I am using the build 20675 and it seems pretty stable for me despite the loads.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 14:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
I wonder if this has something to do with the high CPU load averaging.

http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/changeset/20778

redhawk

Navigation

Jump to: