Netgear WNDR3400v2 N600

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
rchhe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 21:44    Post subject: Thanks. Reply with quote
tathagata wrote:
I have prepared firmware for WNDR3400v2.

New features:

rflow
ntfs-3g
epi_ttcp
NAT loopback
inotify
OpenVPN (not tested)

Fixed issues:

Router rename
Duplicate MAC address of network interfaces of two same router
Mount multiple partitions with different filesystems
Wireless performance

I would like to test this firmware. So if anybody is interested then provide me your email address.

I have not tested OpenVPN either- but everything else looks to be working. Will update after running it for a week.
Sponsor
aieo90
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
tathagata wrote:
I have prepared firmware for WNDR3400v2.

New features:

rflow
ntfs-3g
epi_ttcp
NAT loopback
inotify
OpenVPN (not tested)

Fixed issues:

Router rename
Duplicate MAC address of network interfaces of two same router
Mount multiple partitions with different filesystems
Wireless performance

I would like to test this firmware. So if anybody is interested then provide me your email address.

I am interested in beta-testing this. I have PM'd you.
tathagata
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can download latest DD-WRT firmware of WNDR3400v2 from http://www.myopenrouter.com/download/44198/DD-WRT-for-NETGEAR-WNDR3400v2/
fauxsoul
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm going to install and I will test openVPN tonight.

btw as far as wireless goes the TX power doesnt go from 1-100 it goes up to like 251 so try adjusting that.

I havent had any wireless performance issues since I adjusted that (or even when it was set to the default)
kobra1294
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has anyone had any luck with this? I'd like to know before trying it. Thanks
Tails86
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 0:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just did a 30/30/30 and flashed mine with this new version. It seems to work just fine for me. With wireless power set to 251, wireless signal strength is the same or slightly better.
fauxsoul
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:34    Post subject: Open VPN Reply with quote
doesnt seem to work, other VPN options do though, didn't have a lot of time to mess with it though.

Will try again and update, otherwise no issues.
haxnoob
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 19:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Adjusted TX power and it still seemed a little weak.

Port forwarding and DMZ are not working properly on this build. All connections from the outside are mangled and presented to an internal machine as if they originate from the router itself. This breaks any service run behind the router and it must be fixed.
inof
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
The last dd-wrt firmware works fine. I tested different options around access restrictions with success (more options than the original version) .

If somebody knows how to switch off the dome light , I'm interested !
MintCondition
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
inof wrote:
The last dd-wrt firmware works fine. I tested different options around access restrictions with success (more options than the original version) .

If somebody knows how to switch off the dome light , I'm interested !

When you say the latest, do you mean the latest stable build from the homepage or the version linked above by tathagata?

I'm trying Tath's version and having all sorts of weird issues with access restrictions and static leases.

Specifically:
* DHCP reservations are just not being offered
* Trying to enable timed access restrictions seems wonky. They SOMETIMES enable on schedule, but then dont release, so the block stays in place.
* Turning the restriction policy off manually won't release it either, which means the only solution is a router reboot

I'm going to try hard reset and reinstall to see if it solves the issue. Will report back.
inof
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
When you say the latest, do you mean the latest stable build from the homepage or the version linked above by tathagata?

Yes.

Quote:

- Yes you are right, no menu to do that .

Quote:
* Trying to enable timed access restrictions seems wonky. They SOMETIMES enable on schedule, but then dont release, so the block stays in place.

- I did time condition for one MAC @ and the test was ok , I tested also to block some URL. It was ok. But the "client" didn't see any explanation or "block" page, just no action.
Anyway, I came back to the original version.
Tails86
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
MintCondition wrote:

By "DHCP Reservations" do you mean "Static Leases" which is available under Services->Services?

I wonder if it is possible to get dlna working for this. I tried getting it installed, but ran into trouble trying to get opkg. I completely blame my inexperience though. There must be a way, but I have given up with it. I'm hoping for this to be supported natively in the future, but I am more than happy using this firmware as is.
reallistic
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 14:41    Post subject: OpenVPN is Working Reply with quote
After much reading, researching, and doing I got my WNDR3400v2 setup with dd-wrt. Thanks to all who posted in this thread because you made it possible Very Happy.
Just wanted to confirm for folks that I got my openVpn client running using this tutorial:
http://www.myopenrouter.com/article/46341/How-to-Set-Up-a-VPN-On-NETGEAR-R6300-with-OpenVPN-and-DD-WRT/

Also, I pushed my ca.crt over via winSCP, set comp-lzo to *blank*, and used a "route" in the additional config per my config from my server admin.

Last but not least there is something wrong with the status page. (status_openvpn.asp) It renders your GUI unusable and it can only be fixed by either unplugging the router or killing the httpd (killall httpd). I read somewhere that this is possibly due to a bug in local logging.

I'm having some problems with my xbox360 (both 2.4ghz wifi AND wired cable) seeing my computer (5G havent tried wired and don't want to.) And it also won't pick up my media server on the local VPN network where as my iPhone does.
da_guy2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 17:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just wondering what the status of this build is?

I just bought a WNDR3400, but it didn't say anything about being v2 on the outside of the box. It wasn't till I opened the box that it said v2.

I see there is a build that "works" but is it stable? Are the wireless performance issues solved? Do all features work, i.e. USB, VPN, etc.?

Just want to know am I better off taking the 5% restocking fee hit and getting something else, or is this build working?

P.S. someone should update the DD-WRT Router Database to list both
Netgear WNDR3400 v1 Yes
Netgear WNDR3400 v2 WIP
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 19:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
da_guy2 wrote:
Just wondering what the status of this build is?

I just bought a WNDR3400, but it didn't say anything about being v2 on the outside of the box. It wasn't till I opened the box that it said v2.

I see there is a build that "works" but is it stable? Are the wireless performance issues solved? Do all features work, i.e. USB, VPN, etc.?

Just want to know am I better off taking the 5% restocking fee hit and getting something else, or is this build working?

P.S. someone should update the DD-WRT Router Database to list both
Netgear WNDR3400 v1 Yes
Netgear WNDR3400 v2 WIP

Read the stickies at the top of thebroadcom forum. You'd see not to trust the router database. The wndr3400v2 is listed in the supported devices page.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices#Netgear
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: