DIR-615 I1 client not working in all builds after r19519

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
rchristy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 20:07    Post subject: DIR-615 I1 client not working in all builds after r19519 Reply with quote
As subject mention, only r19519, which is the first build for I1, works good with client.

All other (newer) builds (including the newest r20675) could not get sync with main router on client mode. For example, if the main router is on channel 11, I1 shows using channel 1. Then changed the main router to channel 1, I1 also changed its to channel 6.

The other issue on I1, it detects my main router only on G (54M) mode regardless the main router on mix or N-only mode. I have another C1 which works well to detect the main router as N (150M) mode.
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
wiki: atheros wireless
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 16:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
My issue is the same setup works on r19519 but not for all newer versions. Is it HW limitation or SW bug which can be fixed? The WiKi tells me nothing for it.

The same setup also works on C1 as long as the radio is on.

I just want to report it to see if it is possible to be fixed or I did something wrong.

Thanks.
rchristy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, I don't know why, but all versions are able to connect as client now.

However, no version is working with ath0.1 (reapter wireless) enabled. Once the 0.1 radio is on, nothing works. I even cannot ping router's address.

The issue is also in C1. Now the only version works for C1 is r17201.

If it is a known issue, please just ignore this. If it is not, please let me know how to report the issue with details for debugging.

Thanks.
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
It is known but issue the command "dmesg" right after creating & attempting to connect to the virtual interface. It should be working with the next release, it is now working again as of r20733 on my 2 Atheros units.

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55488 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55460 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

rchristy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 15:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
tatsuya46 wrote:
It is known but issue the command "dmesg" right after creating & attempting to connect to the virtual interface. It should be working with the next release, it is now working again as of r20733 on my 2 Atheros units.

Thank you for the clarification and the work you have done. Now waiting the new release is uploaded.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: