Asus RT-N16 Wireless Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
djtech2k
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 13:40    Post subject: Asus RT-N16 Wireless Problem Reply with quote
I have been running "Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/12/10) min" on my RT-N16 for a while now. It has worked fine up until recently.

Yesterday I noticed that my laptops couldn't see my wireless network. So I unplugged power from the router and brought it back up. Everything was fine then. Now it has happened 2-3 more times in about 2 days. After rebooting the router it works fine again.

Any ideas on what the problem might be or how to fix it? I was thinking maybe there is a known issue or a way to find some sort of logging to catch the problem.

Thanks.
Sponsor
djtech2k
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
So this problem is persisting. Its intermittent, but occasionally wireless will go in and out on my devices.

Another strange thing is that I cannot seem to change the wireless channel. Its on "auto" and when I change the channel and hit save or apply, it flips back to "auto". No idea why.

Are there any good wireless tweaks for this model that will make wireless more reliable?

This is my 2nd one of this model. The first blew a power supply and was repaired/returned, but I bought this as a 2nd one. The 1st one I had never had a problem like this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: