WRT54Gv8 won't accept firmware over tftp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
kahlil88
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:46    Post subject: WRT54Gv8 won't accept firmware over tftp Reply with quote
Trying to flash a WRT54Gv8 running stock firmware -- followed EVERY step on the wiki page until I ran into tftp timeout errors. It times out after 10 seconds or so and pinging the router gives "request timed out" errors. After a hard reset, pinging the router gives me the TTL=64 message and tftp times out INSTANTLY. I'm able to see the management mode page in a browser, but I'm not really sure what to do at this point.
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 16:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have not heard any reports suggesting the wiki instructions, properly followed, do not work. Check your router model and power supply and try again.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Shryp
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 18:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
I flashed a v8 last fall with no issues at all. Sadly, I don't remember too much of what I did so I can't be of much use.
cqon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 14:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am having this exact problem with one of my WRT54Gv8.2

After vxworkskiller and power cycle, the router becomes unresponsive to ping and tftp. Following a 30/30/30 reset, it begins responding to pings but tftp gives time out. Browsing to the ip address gives Management Mode at this point.

Luckily i am able to reinstall the original firmware from the Management Mode page but i would really like to complete the micro firmware install.

I know it is not a problem with the method i have been following from the wiki as this is my third router of this model number to be flashed today. The previous two went smoothly and without incident.

Perhaps someone knows an alternative method to solve this problem??

*Edit*
Also, does my ability to load the linksys firmware through Management Mode mean that the vxworkskiller did not function properly?
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 16:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
cqon wrote:

*Edit*
Also, does my ability to load the linksys firmware through Management Mode mean that the vxworkskiller did not function properly?

Yes.

Check out peacock note 11 on tftp.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: