Can't Access Particular Website

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
anathema
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 17:44    Post subject: Can't Access Particular Website Reply with quote
Hello (again; apologies),

It seems I am unable to access a particular website while connected to the router. I've done a 30/30/30 reset, SSH'd into the router and did a DNS flush, tried using Google DNS and OpenDNS, and it still disallows me from accessing the website. This is true for any computer on my network.

I can access the website if I am directly connected to the modem. I can ping the website from terminal, I can also do a traceroute -I and it completes, however a regular traceroute never completes.

I am using DD-WRT v24-sp2 mini revision 14896 on a Linksys WRT320N.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsor
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try cloning your MAC address.
anathema
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
When I enable MAC address cloning, I am unable to access the router/internet on my wireless. On an ethernet connection, I cannot access the internet, but I can access the router. Perhaps I am doing this incorrectly?
crashfly
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 18:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Are you blocking anything from your router?

Also, is your router using opendns servers? If so, then it is possible that opendns is what is "blocking" the site you are referring to.

Try Dropbox for syncing files - get 2.5gb online for free by signing up.

Read! Peacock thread
*PLEASE* upgrade PAST v24SP1 or no support.
anathema
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 18:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
I do not have anything explicitly blocked on the router. Currently, it's using Google DNS (8.8.8.Cool, but the same issue does occur with OpenDNS, and the default settings.
anathema
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have upgraded the firmware to 14929 and having all settings put to firmware defaults. I am still unable to visit the website from any computer connected through the router.

EDIT: I was able to enable the MAC address cloning, but having it enabled does not seem to make a difference.
crashfly
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 14:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
It very well could be that Google's DNS servers are blocking the site you are trying to reach. Especially if that site deals with copyrighted material, malware, etc. It may just be they are blocking the site by default and your ISP's dns is not.

First, you might attempt using a different public DNS, such as OpenDNS to see if you can reach the site. If that works, continue to use OpenDNS.

The only other solution is to use DNSmasq on DD-WRT and specify a different DNS (like your ISP's dns) for the site you are trying to reach.

Try Dropbox for syncing files - get 2.5gb online for free by signing up.

Read! Peacock thread
*PLEASE* upgrade PAST v24SP1 or no support.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: