TP-LINK TL-WR740N v4

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
mitza97
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 13:57    Post subject: Re: revert to tplink v4.2 firmware Reply with quote
kdebugx86 wrote:
hi guys
is there any 740n firmware revert for v4.2 ?

thanks

Hello. Please look on sticky topic "Files for reverting from DD-WRT to STOCK FIRMWARE" and you will find what you want. Wink
Sponsor
lethalfang
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 16:54    Post subject: Re: revert to tplink v4.2 firmware Reply with quote
kdebugx86 wrote:
hi guys

thanks

Yes, find the right one for your router:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=85237
machiyara
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 18:10    Post subject: DHCP and Connection problems on WDS Reply with quote
My network model is as follows:

I have a Linksys Wrt 54G2 router which directly connected to the modem for internet and this router is responsible for DHCP.

I have a TPLINK TL-WR740nv4 router which is connected to my linksys router with a cable (plugged into LAN ports on both routers) and DHCP is turned off

I have another tplink router which is configured to connect to the first tplink router by WDS and its DHCP is also turned off.

Now the problem is that devices which connect to the latter tplink take a lot of time to connect, it takes a lot of time for them to get automatic ip address, furthermore these devices also face frequent disconnections...what should I do?
kdebugx86
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 18:29    Post subject: Re: revert to tplink v4.2 firmware Reply with quote
[quote="lethalfang
Yes, find the right one for your router:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=85237[/quote]

thank you Smile
morphmkd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 18:51    Post subject: The problem with LAN ports Reply with quote
Has the problem with the LAN ports not been able to see each other been fixed?
I have 740N ver.4.21.

Regards.
lethalfang
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 19:13    Post subject: Re: The problem with LAN ports Reply with quote
morphmkd wrote:
I have 740N ver.4.21.

Regards.

That's fixed in 19519, but client bridge mode doesn't work in this one. Haven't tried anything after this one.
My WR740N v4 is running OpenWrt now.
morphmkd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 19:33    Post subject: Re: The problem with LAN ports Reply with quote
lethalfang wrote:
morphmkd wrote:
I have 740N ver.4.21.

That's fixed in 19519, but client bridge mode doesn't work in this one. Haven't tried anything after this one.
My WR740N v4 is running OpenWrt now.

I'm also running OpenWRT now but I would prefer DDWRT.
What version of DDWRT would you recommend (I don't use client bridge) and what is the procedure to go from OpenWRT to DDWRT?

Regards.
tp-test
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:41    Post subject: tp-link wr-740n v4.23 my story Reply with quote
TP-link Wr 740n hardware v4.23 (shown on the box)
When connected it showed on status menu firmware v 3.12.11 build 111130 rel 55312n
Hardware v 4.000

My Project:-
To install DD-wrt firmware on the newly purchased wr-740n so it operates as a repeater in order to wirelessly extend the reception range in my house from my old router Linksys Wag 200g (old basic router about 6 years old AP only and operating on b an g not supported by dd-wrt) to the new tp-link 740n

OK I spent whole day in the shops trying to find ANY model of TP-Link which was supported on the dd-wrt site and finally had to settle for the one above.
I input build 19519 factory bin straight in WITHOUT any 30 30 30 resets of any kind or any other resets . I input 19519 just using the Tp-link firmware upgrade menu on the router.It went in OK.
I spent 2 whole days trying to get just anything to work.
I tried reading the boards, the Wikis, listening to youtube videos and reading the famous “peacock” thread and found nothing which enabled me to turn this router into a repeater/range extender.
I decided to return the router back to original Tp-link firmware.
Incidentally at this point I noticed that doing a couple of 30 30 30 resets or trying to restore via menu to factory settings did NOT actually seem to clear my settings or the WEP key that I had entered into dd-wrt firmware..
Despite this I used the site’s prescribed file to return the router back to original Tp-link firmware.It worked OK and the old settings then cleared and I was back to tp-link firmware!!
Now the big joke.
I upgrade Tp-link firmware to version 3.16.5 build 130322 rel 59120.
Then followed simple instruction provided by Tp-link to enable WDS function on this router.
Blimey it required 5 simple steps.
Under Wireless /settings
1.)Tick the box “enable WDS”
2.)Use “search/survey to find your original router and click on it.(which must be on/wireless) .When you click on it it will automatically add the ssid and bssid of your old router. Then you just need to add your same wep/wpa key as you had in your old/original router This key is just for connection between the Tplink740 and your old router.
This automatically entered ssid will be the same as your old router and up the top of this menu page you can also give your new 740n another ssid name so later you can decide which router to connect to.
3.)Disable DHCP
4.)Put in channel and whether you want mixed b and g.
5.)You can additionally under security settings put in a second/different security key which operates between your new Tp-link router and your laptop or other device.

Ok this is not a detailed instruction but you can get details from the tp-link site.
But within half an hour I had the TP-link 740 up and running on tp-link firmware and successfully wirelessly extending the range and with a £10 router !
I went from no reception downstairs to 5 bars.
Now I know a lot of guys do a lot of free work on dd-wrt and I wrote this piece for them as well as other experimenters.
I only spent a couple of weeks of my life on this but thought it fair to give you my newbie feedback.
Good luck to all experimenters.
ploufus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 22:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
sorry but i lost this conversation

is there any precompiled dd-wrt firmwar for 740N v4 ?
gioygiovy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:26    Post subject: Re: revert to tplink v4.2 firmware Reply with quote
kdebugx86 wrote:
hi guys

thanks

I am also interested in the answer
kdebugx86
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 15:11    Post subject: Re: revert to tplink v4.2 firmware Reply with quote
gioygiovy wrote:
kdebugx86 wrote:
hi guys

thanks

I am also interested in the answer

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=85237

not on the first or second page, you can search in this thread.
fleminggatan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 14:17    Post subject: problem reactivating the wireless Reply with quote
Hi, I am using a TL-WR740N TP-Link router with the dd-wrt firmware. I use this firmware in order to be able to turn on and off the wireless via telnet.

To do that, I use the 'ifconfig ath0 up' and 'ifconfig ath0 down' commands.

When I use 'ifconfig ath0 down', the wireless turns off, but when I send a 'ifconfig ath0 up' later, some of my devices do not detect the wireless. These devices were able to detect it perfectly before sending any ifconfig ath0 up or down.

What can be happening?
PiToMeN
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi!

I installed "DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/15/13) std - build 21286" on my N740 v4.20. The router works perfectly except the Wireless Security settings. I couldn`t manage to set up the router to work with WPA2-Personal AES. The only working option is TKIP, which slows down all devices. With the original firmware I never had this problem.

The other settings:
Wireless Mode: AP
Wireless Network Mode: NG-Mixed
Channel Width: Turbo (40Mhz)
Wireless Channel: Auto

Nothing changed on the Advanced Settings.

All the devices refuse to connect to the network when AES is used. To be sure that no old settings is causing the problem in the other devices - I change the SSID everytime I try to set it up with AES, so I create an unusable network. Then I revert the settings via LAN.
rmff
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 0:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey guys...

Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/15/13)
TP-LINK TL-WR740N

SETUP > BASIC SETUP > WAN SETIP > WAN CONNECTION TYPE > STATIC IP

On "Save" or "Apply Settings" I get
JAVASCRIPT ERROR: l2tp_dhcp is not defined

On WPA2 Perssonal I have the same problem to connect as PiToMeN.
giblet
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 21:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
TP-WR740N v4.23
Factory F/W 120320

I flashed it with DD-WRT which I *believe* was successful, and I can configure it when I have just a LAN from the router to my laptop, but when I have the WAN going in, the 192.168.1.1 defaults to our Netgear router downstairs.

My network goes:
Modem -> Netgear WRN2000v2 -> long ethernet cable to the other side of the house (WAN) -> WR740N -> ethernet cable (LAN) -> laptop

I have an SSID/password set up on the router via LAN (since WAN wouldn't work) but when I go to connect, "Windows cannot connect". Any ideas? I'm a complete novice to DD-WRT.

EDIT: I changed the WAN settings to DHCP and changed the routers IP back to 192.168.0.1 which eliminated that issue, I still cannot connect to wifi. I flashed the router in the DD-WRT GUI with the "tl-740nv4-webflash.bin" file which was successful (I believe).

EDIT 2: I feel like an idiot, I did ipconfig /flushdns and now I can connect (which means my old router probably worked fine), oh well.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 50, 51, 52  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 39 of 52
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: