Netgear WNR2200

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
mixaaz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is it possible to turn off "neighbor-friendly" mode in this firmware? WNR2200 use only 20Mhz bandwidth if it observe too many networks around, even if 40Mhz bandwidth selected.

Native firmware even does not allow select 40Mhz; DD-WRT allows this, but actually router operates in 20Mhz bandwith and I have max speed 65Mbs, but I expect 130-150.

Some details: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19279
Sponsor
McMuzz4
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey guys, I found it very difficult to find solid instructions on how to flash this particular router.

There is so much info to trawl through to it took me literally hours to feel confident that I had the right instructions, but I have put it all together and im posting it here so it hopefully helps someone else.

After thoroughly researching, this is the procedure I followed with positive results:

1. Read carefully the wiki flashing guide http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Installation, including the linked peacock thread for precautions, and to mitigate noob mistakes.

2. Download the wnr2200-factory_WW.img (or NA if North America), and the wnr2200-webflash.bin. I’ve decided to perform an initial flash of the r18777 firmware first, as I’ve read people having success with it. You can later upgrade (or downgrade) DD-WRT to a newer firmware if you wish. Download all needed instructions to disk for offline use. Download the r18777 images located @ http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/down.php?path=downloads%2Fothers%2Feko%2FBrainSlayer-V24-preSP2%2F2012%2F03-19-12-r18777%2Fnetgear-wnr2200/

Note: The supported devices wiki page refers to ‘flash overtake img and then dd-wrt img’ the factory_WW/factory_NA image is the ‘overtake image’, and the webflash.bin images are the DD-WRT images. WW is for worldwide, NA is for North America.

3. Unplug everything on router, except single LAN connection from flashing PC and power. Make sure power socket is very secure and there are adequate cable lengths for movement. Ensure it’s a LAN connection and do not use WiFi – disable Wifi on your PC altogether. Disable firewalls. Disable Anti-virus. Give flashing PC static IP address in factory default subnet, such as 192.168.1.8.

4. Do a 30/30/30 hard reset and wait several minutes after reboot. Check for password login page. Check your settings to make sure they’ve been factory reset, to ensure the hard reset was successful. Do not proceed until the factory reset is successful. NOTE: 30/30/30 didn’t work for me, as I couldn’t access web GUI afterwards and router was continually flashing green power LED. I had to perform a power cycle back to the web GUI, and then 30/30/15 to get successful hard reset.

5. Login to router web page and flash the ‘overtake’ image wnr2200-factory_WW.img (or if in North America wnr2200-factory_NA.img). Wait at least 3-5 minutes after 100% is reached, and traffic activity lights stop flashing on router, you will brick your router if you don’t wait long enough. (Use IE to flash not firefox -- this advice comes from the wiki).

6. Do a power cycle. Unplug the router for 30 seconds and plug it back in, wait several minutes (At least 2 minutes) after reboot.

7. Do a 30/30/30 hard reset and wait several minutes after reset. NOTE: Once again, I had to perform a power cycle back to the web GUI and then a 30/30/15 to get a successful hard reset.

8. Login to router web page and flash the DD-WRT image wnr2200-webflash.bin using the web GUI firmware upgrade page. Wait at least 3-5 minutes after 100% is reached, and traffic activity lights stop flashing on router, you will brick your router if you don’t wait long enough. (Use IE to flash not firefox -- this advice comes from the wiki).

9. Do a power cycle. Unplug the router for 30 seconds and plug it back in, wait several minutes (At least 2 minutes) after reboot.

10. Do a 30/30/30 hard reset and wait several minutes after reset. NOTE: Once again, I had to perform a power cycle back to the web GUI and then a 30/30/15 to get a successful hard reset.

11. Access the DD-WRT web GUI and configure and begin to use new awesome powers. Don’t forget to re-enable any firewalls/anti-virus, and revert to original LAN IP settings such as DHCP.

12. If you wish to upgrade to a newer DD-WRT, download newer version of webflash.bin from http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/down.php?path=downloads%2Fothers%2Feko%2FBrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/ and follow steps 3, 7-11 to complete the upgrade. Read this thread for other users experience with different firmware versions to decide on a good firmware version to upgrade to.

Hope you find this useful Smile ... Good luck, and happy flashing!!!

Troubleshoot note: If you have flashed the above way and it looks like you still have the same firmware you had previously, try clearing your browser cache.

PS: I tried firmware r20453 after, and wifi stopped working, so i'm off to try another.
Celes7ial
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 19:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello everybody! I've just installed latest DD-WRT on my Netgear WNR2200, setting it up now and got a problem. Hope someone can help.
Connecting and setting up my MFP (printer & scanner) I discovered some issues with MFP's software - no ink monitor, no device status monitor etc. After testing a print function, which worked normal, I started a scan function tests. It seems like scanning software installed on my laptop sees no scanner in my MFP, so scanning just don't work. Maybe someone had a problems I'm writing here about and somehow fixed this. Please, help.
thac0
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Paulexxx wrote:

Yes, but as noted before there are same problems with the VAP function in combination with client mode. It always turn off the radio of the client ath0. Does anyone know how to fix this bug?

Thanks in advance!

I managed to make a workaround on this bug. The problem seems to be that when configuring Client mode and VAP from GUI the same hw (MAC) address is reused and not the one shown in GUI. This causes a conflict.

In order to get Client mode and VAP working do the following:

1) Create an access point in Client mode. (Ensure it is working before proceeding).
2) Add a Virtual Interface. NB: Make a note of HWAddr for this interface.
3) In Administration => Commands save a Startup script with the following:
Code:
nvram set ath0.1_hwaddr=[HWAddr of step 2]
nvram commit
killall hostapd
killall wpa_supplicant
sed -i 's#\(..:..:..:..:..:..\)#[HWAddr of step 2]#' /tmp/ath0_hostap.conf
hostapd -B -P /var/run/ath0_hostapd.pid /tmp/ath0_hostap.conf
wpa_supplicant -B -Dnl80211 -iath0 -H /var/run/hostapd/ath0.1 -c /tmp/ath0_wpa_supplicant.conf

4) Reboot router and check that Client mode as well as VAP is working.

I guess there must be some kind of bug in the GUI here, and will try to notify BrainSlayer and register it.

/thac0
haol
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 14:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
thac0 wrote:

Code:
nvram set ath0.1_hwaddr=[HWAddr of step 2]
nvram commit
killall hostapd
killall wpa_supplicant
sed -i 's#\(..:..:..:..:..:..\)#[HWAddr of step 2]#' /tmp/ath0_hostap.conf
wpa_supplicant -B -Dnl80211 -iath0 -H /var/run/hostapd/ath0.1 -c /tmp/ath0_wpa_supplicant.conf

/thac0

Great Work!!!

my script is:
Code:
nvram set ath0.1_hwaddr=[myHWAddr]
nvram commit
killall hostapd
killall wpa_supplicant
sleep 60
sed -i 's#\(..:..:..:..:..:..\)#[myHWAddr]#' /tmp/ath0_hostap.conf

sleep 60. don't know why
Confused
skumdifusen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:01    Post subject: USB Problem Reply with quote
Hello,

i tried couple of builds for my wnr2200. In all builds i get the same Bug.

As soon as i turn off my Wifi, my usb stops working after reboot. It wont get Mount anymore. Can someone confirm that?
thac0
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 22:24    Post subject: Re: USB Problem Reply with quote
skumdifusen wrote:
Hello,

i tried couple of builds for my wnr2200. In all builds i get the same Bug.

As soon as i turn off my Wifi, my usb stops working after reboot. It wont get Mount anymore. Can someone confirm that?

I got a WNR2200 and this is not the behavior of my router. The main purpose for me is to have some kind of light-NAS where I can share an external usb disk over wifi. And everything is working just perfect with existing dd-wrt firmwares.

/thac0

Last edited by thac0 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 22:38; edited 1 time in total
thac0
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 22:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
thac0 wrote:

I guess there must be some kind of bug in the GUI here, and will try to notify BrainSlayer and register it.

I've been in contact with a more than helpful BrainSlayer. He was quick to remove this bug and sent me an updated firmware rev21026 which I enclose here (think you need to be logged in to see the file).

VAP is now working on WNR2200, an my previous "hack" is not needed anymore. Very Happy

Eternal gratitude goes to BrainSlayer on this!!

/thac0
skumdifusen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 17:05    Post subject: Re: USB Problem Reply with quote
thac0 wrote:

I got a WNR2200 and this is not the behavior of my router.
/thac0

Did you also try to reboot?
"Wireless"->"Basic Settings"->"Wireless Network Mode"->"Disabled".
When i now reboot the Router won't mount the USB drives anymore.
thac0
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:37    Post subject: Re: USB Problem Reply with quote
skumdifusen wrote:

Did you also try to reboot?
"Wireless"->"Basic Settings"->"Wireless Network Mode"->"Disabled".
When i now reboot the Router won't mount the USB drives anymore.

Sorry for thinking you were a lunatic. Smile You are indeed correct! If I turn of Wireless and reboot the router the USB drive disappears.

I've tried a few combinations, but the wireless-off and reboot seems to be the only combination that turns USB off. This is not applicable for my use of the router, but nevertheless a strange behavior.

/thac0
warlord0
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 17:36    Post subject: DLNA Reply with quote
I got my WNR2200 yesterday (free from the new ISP) and figured I'd put it to use as a wireless client bridge as I already have an ASUS RT-AC66U as the main Internet connection.

So I have it setup upstairs and connected wirelessly to the ASUS downstairs at around 300Mbps. Took me some time to figure it all out though. First time user of DD-WRT.

Now so far I have found one problem with it. I have DLNA stup on the ASUS and serving music from a 32GB USB stick (soon to become a 250GB SSD). From anything upstairs connected to the WNR2200 I can't seem to stream media from the ASUS. It doesn't see the media server from FooBar, VLC or Windows Media player.

If I connect wired or wirelessly to the ASUS using my Droid phone or laptop it can stream from the ASUS without issue. It even stream wirelessly via a Cisco WES610N to a Samsung DVD and TV. But something on the DD-WRT setup seems to be stopping the DLNA feed.

Anyone got any ideas?

Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/25/13) std (SVN revision 21061)
dobs
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 18:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
DIR-825 rev b
5 GHz WiFi - works Very Happy

OCR Free Compare robot vacuum
raderarn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 15:57    Post subject: Re: DLNA Reply with quote
warlord0 wrote:
But something on the DD-WRT setup seems to be stopping the DLNA feed.

Anyone got any ideas?

I had the same problem, and fixed it by enabling UPnP service under NAT/QoS - UPnP
keksww
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 21:26    Post subject: Netgear WNR220 Restore Factory Firmware Reply with quote
Hi everybody,

could someone tell me how to restore the Factory Firmware on my WNR 2200 Netgear Router?!

Thank you so much...
wellspokenman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:05    Post subject: Netgear WNR2200 - OpenVPN Reply with quote
Anyone have a working implementation of OpenVPN with this router? I've tried 18777 and 18767, with the latter being more successful. I can connect and authenticate, and both /var/messages and openvpn.log show no errors. But no traffic will pass through. I'm not asking for anyone to solve my issue, I just need to know if it's possible or not. If so, which build are you running? Any chance you've successfully connected to HMA servers using this router? Would be good to know if it's a bug or a config problem.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 9 of 14
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: